What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 and Droid phone?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I want the iPhone 5 because I like Apple, but I am not getting it to share apps. I assume you can share photos easily from the iPhone to the iPad, and that will definitely be nice (because the iPhone will have a nice camera on it). But now that I have my iPad I don't even use my Android apps very much. I use my phone for a phone. For *some* reason, opening apps on my tiny 4-inch screen just doesn't cut it for me anymore now that I have an iPad. :D

I actually still use my Thunderbolt quite a bit. I have apps on there that I would't put on my iPad. I love that phone, although Verizon took away the free hotspot in the middle of the night so now the original appeal is a little diminished but it is a great phone and iPad substitute when i really can,t take my iPad with me somewhere.

I'm more in GoPackGo's camp on this one (despite his/her affiliation with that team in Wisconsin.)

I've come around to my anniversary date with my Verizon Droid and would strongly have considered getting the new VZW Bionic at this point if I had not gotten the iPad. As it is, I find I use very few of the 150 apps on my Android phone any longer.

It's not that the iPad's apps (or those on an iPhone) are necessarily superior to the Android apps for my purposes. But like GoPackGo, I find the iPad is just so much easier to read and work with that my Smartphone no longer has to be very "smart."

I am somewhat intrigued by the Samsung 5" "Note" tablet/phone (phoblet? tabone?) if all the legal nonsense between Samsung and Apple doesn't result in Apple being given patent rights to every electronic device with a screen and a rectangular form factor.

I know it would probably be too big for a pocket (except for my Mom's Jeans) but it might serve my needs for a more portable tablet that I could use as a phone. Packed with a good browser and Google's full navigation features and a decent speaker phone I can see it taking the place of my iPad for short jaunts.

Otherwise, I think I'm more likely to look for a phone only large enough and smart enough to give me email and messages I can read (and respond to very briefly) and keep my schedule.

Reaction score
If you were asking about a different Android phone my response would probably be less black/white.
The Bionic is by Motorola. That is a company that is known for urine poor quality control. I don't care whose os is on it, you couldn't pay me to own a Bionic.
Now to the reason why I would, personally and not meant to dissuade anything, buy an iphone over another is purely financial. If you didn't already own an ipad I would probably suggest Android over ios but since you already own an ios device, it makes economic sense to stick with another ios device.
Some apps, such as Keeper, have allowed me to buy once on 1 platform and use the code on other platforms to not have to pay again but most do not have that feature.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Most reactions

Latest posts