What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad2 and Droid phone?

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my Ipad2 3G and am impatiently awaiting the iPhone 5 which will replace my aging Blackberry. Now I hear Verizon (my carrier) will release the Motorola Droid Bionic tomorrow.

So should I wait a month or so for the iPhone 5 or spring for the Droid now? Do most iPad owners have an iPhone as their cell phone? There is no "sharing" of Apps with iPads and Droids is there? I would hate to have to buy the same Apps twice. Just curious what most iPad owners use as their cell phones.

Thanks!

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You know it really depends what you want in a phone. I'm getting an iPhone after Christmas; my brother is getting the Bionic next month. The Bionic and the iPhone have different pros and cons. But I do think and assume most iPad users either have or will get an iPhone!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

bledmunds61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the IPhone 4 and waiting on the IPhone 5.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
freebirdforever said:
Wirh iOS 5, having iOS more than 1 devices will be all the better

Sent from The Droid... The one you were looking for...

IPhone 4 here. And can't wait for iCloud & iOS 5.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

OP
gores95

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys I figured iPhone 5 is wtf. You cannot somehow share apps on iPad and Droid correct? Again hate to buy them twice.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I LOVE my iPad and I LOVE my HTC Thunderbolt. I debated getting the iPhone and while it will share apps, I didn,t want to be tied to only one type of technology. I like having the advantages of both.

OP
gores95

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I LOVE my iPad and I LOVE my HTC Thunderbolt. I debated getting the iPhone and while it will share apps, I didn,t want to be tied to only one type of technology. I like having the advantages of both.

Wait so I can share apps from iPad to Droid? You can synch the iPad and Droid somehow??

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
gores95 said:
Wait so I can share apps from iPad to Droid? You can synch the iPad and Droid somehow??

Hi, no, I was saying that the iPhone could share but not Thunderbolt. Sorry for the confusion.

OP
gores95

gores95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gotcha guys I didn't think so. :(

I wish we had more info on the iphone 5 though it seems to be projected for release in October.

The biggest advantage of the Bionic vs. Iphone 5 is that the Bionic seems to be a bit larger. That is good for my 44 yo eyes! ;)

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't mean to be a wet blanket here and I don't have a horse in this race. Just thought it should be noted that "sharing" apps between an iPhone and an iPad may save some bucks but there are some issues to consider.

() Apps designed for the iPhone, while they may run on the iPad, may not be as useful, attractive, etc. in the latter environment. Simply scaling up an iPhone app, for example, may not produce the kind of user experience an iPad can provide. Likewise, I've found a number of apps that while usable on the iPad are designed to be used exclusively in the portrait orientation of the iPhone. Since I typically use my iPad in landscape, it's PITA to have to change its orientation whenever I use such apps.

() Apps designed for the iPad, on the other hand, may not be suitable on an iPhone.

() I'm not certain about this (and perhaps someone else can provide a better perspective), but I would think that since each application maintains its own data in the iOS environment, there may be some issues with "sharing", say, Pages (or another word processing app) on an iPad and an iPhone. Must one use another app such as DropBox to "share" the documents produced by each version of the app?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want the iPhone 5 because I like Apple, but I am not getting it to share apps. I assume you can share photos easily from the iPhone to the iPad, and that will definitely be nice (because the iPhone will have a nice camera on it). But now that I have my iPad I don't even use my Android apps very much. I use my phone for a phone. For *some* reason, opening apps on my tiny 4-inch screen just doesn't cut it for me anymore now that I have an iPad. :D

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GoPackGo said:
I want the iPhone 5 because I like Apple, but I am not getting it to share apps. I assume you can share photos easily from the iPhone to the iPad, and that will definitely be nice (because the iPhone will have a nice camera on it). But now that I have my iPad I don't even use my Android apps very much. I use my phone for a phone. For *some* reason, opening apps on my tiny 4-inch screen just doesn't cut it for me anymore now that I have an iPad. :D

I actually still use my Thunderbolt quite a bit. I have apps on there that I would't put on my iPad. I love that phone, although Verizon took away the free hotspot in the middle of the night so now the original appeal is a little diminished but it is a great phone and iPad substitute when i really can,t take my iPad with me somewhere.

Most reactions