What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status just changed a few hours ago to

Last Location:
Departed - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Wednesday, 05/18/2011

How long before it gets to Chicago, anyone with experience that can give me an idea?

Mine maybe on the same flight as yours.

Anchorage, AK, United States 05/18/2011 9:28 A.M.Arrival Scan Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 05/18/20116:18 P.M.Departure Scan EPZ, China 05/15/201112:32 A.M.Departure Scan EPZ, China 05/14/20114:51 P.M.Origin Scan China 05/15/201112:51 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

If so, yours is in Alaska now and should be a direct flight from there to Chicago.

Mines was in Alaska yesterday and made a direct flight to NJ today which just left and will arrive in NY tomorrow.

minouge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks like we're all on the same flight :). mine arrived in Anchorage, Alaska early this morning. I'm not sure how this all works, but I'm hoping that it will be on a direct flight to california as well. can't wait!

Losfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow, less than two hours spent in Alaska! Getting close to Chicago!

Anchorage, AK, United States 05/18/2011 2:51 P.M. Departure Scan
05/18/2011 1:13 P.M. Arrival Scan
Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 05/18/2011 8:02 P.M. Departure Scan
EPZ, China 05/14/2011 7:49 P.M. Departure Scan
05/14/2011 8:44 A.M. Origin Scan
China 05/14/2011 5:13 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Last edited:

BiologyBabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Losfer said:
Status just changed a few hours ago to

Last Location:
Departed - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Wednesday, 05/18/2011

How long before it gets to Chicago, anyone with experience that can give me an idea?

My friend ordered my ipad 2 (engraved) as a graduation gift on may 3rd, original ship date was May 17 and delivery 5/19 then later moved to 5/23.

As of May 13th it's "prepared for shipment", but still hasn't shipped.

Today my delivery date changed to 5/26-31 so I called this morning 5/18 and expressed my disappointment, they offered me a free smart cover which I declined bc I have one already so they're sending me a free wireless keyboard :) which has shipped and will be here in Chicago Friday.

I'm hoping my ipad ships soon bc all the accessories are teasing me.

The worst part of all is that Walmart (Dekalb, IL) had 5 in stock the other night. *fingers crossed for an early ship date*

Good luck!

GypsyCruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just checked status and for the 4th day it says prepared for shipment. And ships and 1 to 2 days....that was 3 days ago. Still not shipped yet.

Getting really frustrating. I guess I'll call Apple again to find out what's going on.....hopefully someone will know.

Glad some of you are getting your iPad soon.

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
Just spoke again with the Apple.com on line store rep. Our ipads are being boxed as we speak and being shipped out today. He could not tell me whether they were being shipped by UPS or FED-EX but did say 90% were Fed-Ex'd. He did comp the wireless keyboard that has been sitting here for at least 2 weeks.

Just as a refresher: ordered 2 16 GB wifi only, engraved, 1 black, 1 white on May 5. Original shipping Date: May 20. Original delivery date: May 25. Changed May 18 to Shipping date: May 20; Delivery date: June 2nd.

Ludwig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Chengdu, China 05/19/2011 10:43 P.M. Departure Scan
EPZ, China 05/17/2011 3:50 P.M. Departure Scan
05/17/2011 1:08 A.M. Origin Scan
China 05/17/2011 9:57 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Will be delivered by may 23, my first apple product ;)

GypsyCruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Called Apple again.....they have THE best customer service reps I have seen in my life!

My iPad should be shipped on Saturday. She apologized and is sending me a wireless keyboard for the delays......how can you argue with that?

I am so impressed with Apple.....they really do know how to make their customers happy / content.

Losfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it! Shipped on May 14 and I picked it up from UPS today here in Chicago. I was at work when they tried to deliver earlier today but no way I was waiting another day! It must be said that the difference between this and my previous iPad 1 is not huge but I have been iPad-less since I sold my old one two weeks ago and it's nice to be fully equipped again.

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Isn't it fun getting a new toy? I was like a kid on Christmas when mine came in. Have fun!

Got it! Shipped on May 14 and I picked it up from UPS today here in Chicago. I was at work when they tried to deliver earlier today but no way I was waiting another day! It must be said that the difference between this and my previous iPad 1 is not huge but I have been iPad-less since I sold my old one two weeks ago and it's nice to be fully equipped again.

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got mine exactly 2 weeks and 3 days for shipping and got a free cover, go Apple.

GypsyCruiser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally......

Whoo....Hoo.....my new baby was shipped this morning!! Delivery date of the 26th.

Wireless keyboard was also shipped will be here on Monday. Already have the Smart Cover....I am so excited!

BiologyBabe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still no answers... Just "prepared for shipment" for the 7th day :-(

On a brighter note, my free keyboard and AV cord will be here Monday! Happy Birthday to me :)

otacon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I feel for you guys & gals. I luckily hit an Apple Store where they got a shipment in that morning. There was only one left when I got there in the early afternoon...16GB WiFi only Black..just what I wanted.

Most reactions

Latest posts