What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does Prepared for Shipment mean?

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered an Ipad 2 and smart cover online, they are both estimated to arrive april 14th, however the smart cover status says "Prepared for Shipment" does that mean it will arrive sooner? and is this possible for the ipad to arrive early as well?

Has anyone else ordered the ipad march 12th or 13th, and gotten any update on there delivery status? If so please tell me when it is scheduled to arrive, because my plan was to go to the apple store on tuesday and pick one up early in the morning when they get their daily shipment.

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're package is in line waiting to be shipped. As soon as its picked up by Fedex, you're status will updated to "Shipped".

This may take a day or two.

OP
M

Martinm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you know what the wait list is like for the actually ipad, anyone?

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They will send them separately. I too ordered both a cover and the iPad on the 12th. I already received the cover but the iPad is still listed for a 14th delivery, unfortunately.

Cadena96

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything ships separately, one factory does all ipads, one does ipods, and two do iphones...

prepared means it's engraved if you chose to have it engraved, otherwise, it's in a fedex box already with a tracking number, and fedex has been notified (usually it's what's on a pallet ready for fedex when they come...)usually it ships that day although, my ipad went into prepared for shipment in the last 20 mins...it's midnight eastern time, 9 in cali...it's noon in shenzen and hong kong...so it should ship in 3-5 hours...don't know how much this helps you but I've bought quite a few things from china and japan...once it hits alaska the time frame speeds up because it clears customs, and americans won't wait as long as chinese people will...they want it now...per the obvious...

Most reactions

Latest posts