What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ordering through AT&T site

OP
S

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@ splinter. How did u go about canceling ur AT&T order? Did they charge you a fee?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Called At&t and gave them the order number. Told them that I had found an At&t model at the store. The guy was like "Good for you man...that's probably the better way to do it."

It took them about 10 minutes to cancel it and then I got an email confirming it.

He said as long as it hadn't shipped, I should be good. No fees (that I know of)

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splinter said:
Called At&t and gave them the order number. Told them that I had found an At&t model at the store. The guy was like "Good for you man...that's probably the better way to do it."

It took them about 10 minutes to cancel it and then I got an email confirming it.

He said as long as it hadn't shipped, I should be good. No fees (that I know of)

Wow I just tried to call all the bestbuys in a 100 mile radius from my house. Two of them said it would be a month. The others said up to two months. You got lucky. Maybe if I lived in a bigger area then I would have a better chance. Oh well I guess I will continue to wait on at&t. The main reason I order from him is bc when I went to the store on the 15th 3 ppl walked out with one. Guy told me they ordered it and it came in 2 days later. So I though I would be that lucky......

OP
S

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splinter said:

Wow I just tried to call all the bestbuys in a 100 mile radius from my house. Two of them said it would be a month. The others said up to two months. You got lucky. Maybe if I lived in a bigger area then I would have a better chance. Oh well I guess I will continue to wait on at&t. The main reason I order from him is bc when I went to the store on the 15th 3 ppl walked out with one. Guy told me they ordered it and it came in 2 days later. So I though I would be that lucky......

I guess I did. I'm in a pretty big area. We've probably got 4 or 5 Best Buys just within 15 minutes of us. When I called and asked, they were just like "Yeah, give me your name and I'll call you". Now, only one of them ended up calling me, but if the other does, I may snag that one too. Who knows.

dreadtight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
shipment of Ipad2

Greetings,
I ordered my ipad2 on March 11th at 4:00 am. It gave me a scheduled ship date of April 1 and arrival date of April 6. Also I had it inscribed which meant that it came from China. If you look below at my shipping you will see that it's about to arrive to me today :D I wanted it before I left to go out of town and I am really happy. All that I can say is be patient and keep looking at you order status. It actually took 3 days from the time it started moving. Also a great tip once you receive notice that it is moving is to track your package thru Yahoo Package Tracking and not the apple tracking site.

Date/TimeStatusLocation2011-03-25 08:06:00On FedEx vehicle for delivery ATLANTA, GA 2011-03-25 07:29:00Arrived at FedEx Destination Location ATLANTA, GA 2011-03-25 06:42:00Left FedEx Ramp ATLANTA, GA 2011-03-25 05:45:00Arrived at FedEx Ramp ATLANTA, GA 2011-03-25 03:54:00Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS, TN 2011-03-25 01:57:00Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS, TN 2011-03-24 17:02:00Left FedEx Sort Facility ANCHORAGE, AK 2011-03-24 15:07:00Released for delivery ANCHORAGE, AK 2011-03-24 12:58:00Arrived at Sort Facility ANCHORAGE, AK 2011-03-24 20:10:00Left FedEx Ramp LANTAU ISLAND, 2011-03-24 20:04:00Left FedEx Ramp CHEK LAP KOK, 2011-03-23 23:23:00Package in FedEx location LANTAU ISLAND, 2011-03-23 23:21:00Package status LANTAU ISLAND, 2011-03-23 22:00:00Package status LANTAU ISLAND, 2011-03-23 18:01:00In transit LANTAU ISLAND, 2011-03-23 17:20:00Left FedEx Origin Location SHENZHEN, 2011-03-23 14:18:00Package received after FedEx cutoff time SHENZHEN

OP
S

Splinter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad and I had a wonderful first night getting familiar with each other. It was hard to say goodbye this morning.

Here's the bad part. I'm so programmed now to come to work and focus on how to find an ipad, that I don't know what to do with myself today. My head still wants to check craigslist, the Target inventory screen, call retail stores....I'm in search withdrawal right now.

I guess I'm going to actually have to......work.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol

I got some accessories that I ordered for my iPad yesterday and a case fir my MacBook air I bought to keep me occupied with something new. But still no progress on my shipping. Oh well.... At least I have my iPhone

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
D Roc said:

Yeah, that's the problem with best buy, if your not in a semi largish area, don't expect ipad 2's anytime soon. Which sucks! ....especially for us employees.

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to AT&T yesterday and ask why my tracking information says in process for the past 2 weeks (ordered on the 15th). Guy told me that they are on back order... So I'm wondering why at&t tracking site doesn't it say 1 item is on backorder instead of 0 items are on back order. Which this smart person said "its on backorder from apple not AT&T". I asked him why did he tel me it would be 2-3 weeks to get it and j may get it in 3 days. Which he replied "well once AT&T received it that would be your time frame... Since it's on backorder from apple it will be awhile before I get it."

I had to leave the store before I said something pretty rude. Yea I want the damn thing since I dropped the money on it, but not going crazy about it bc who really needs one. Maybe I will go get that helicopter thing that is control with the iPhone to keep my mind off of this iPad and stupid at&t sales ppl.

*PS* he told me they were on backorder bc of the radiation in Japan made a "gas" build up in the screen.....WOW...YOU HAVE TO LOVE STUPID PPL.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, I too ordered from at&t. The WORST mistake EVER!! First, they have no update system for eager people like myself to check the progress. Second, they know NOTHING! Whenever you phone to check the status, they are completely dumb founded! I ordered mine on 3/11 around 9pm and received a confirmation email that it would be shipped in 14-21 BUSINESS DAYS!!!! What's up with the business days?? Why not just 2-3 weeks like the rest of the normal world? I've been checking out some of the other forums from apple customers who ordered either the same day or AFTER me, and there's has either been shipped and received or in the process. As far as I'm concerned; AT&T SUCKS!

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wait a minute. I too used (stupid at&t) however, mine still reads "1" on backorder instead of "0" like yours. I'm wondering if they have already sent yours out. One thing we can agree on; at&t does not hire educated people!

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blessed said:
Wait a minute. I too used (stupid at&t) however, mine still reads "1" on backorder instead of "0" like yours. I'm wondering if they have already sent yours out. One thing we can agree on; at&t does not hire educated people!

I just got a texted showing that my bank account was drafted $$ for AT&T even though I paid for it on the 15th. So maybe they don't actually charge you until they ship it.... Wrong!!!! My status us still the same. Maybe the have shipped it and their tracking just sucks like the USPS.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
D Roc said:
I just got a texted showing that my bank account was drafted $$ for AT&T even though I paid for it on the 15th. So maybe they don't actually charge you until they ship it.... Wrong!!!! My status us still the same. Maybe the have shipped it and their tracking just sucks like the USPS.

No. I'm sure yours is in route to you. "Normally" you're only charged either when it ships or when it's signed for. I apparently like cruel punishment because I phoned AT&T again just to hear; "it reads processing.". I did ask them how they could allow Verizon to step in the game at half time and upstage them with better (competent) customer service and the ability to fulfill their customers orders in a timely manner. That's when I heard the crickets (silence). It's NUTS.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Went to AT&T yesterday and ask why my tracking information says in process for the past 2 weeks (ordered on the 15th). Guy told me that they are on back order... So I'm wondering why at&t tracking site doesn't it say 1 item is on backorder instead of 0 items are on back order. Which this smart person said "its on backorder from apple not AT&T". I asked him why did he tel me it would be 2-3 weeks to get it and j may get it in 3 days. Which he replied "well once AT&T received it that would be your time frame... Since it's on backorder from apple it will be awhile before I get it."

I had to leave the store before I said something pretty rude. Yea I want the damn thing since I dropped the money on it, but not going crazy about it bc who really needs one. Maybe I will go get that helicopter thing that is control with the iPhone to keep my mind off of this iPad and stupid at&t sales ppl.

*PS* he told me they were on backorder bc of the radiation in Japan made a "gas" build up in the screen.....WOW...YOU HAVE TO LOVE STUPID PPL.

Just checked and mine moved from (1) backorder to (0)
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! I'll let you know if things change:)

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Possible Shipment

What is this hold that apple has over us? I just checked my status (at&t) and I THINK my order is FINALLY making some progress. It has moved from the backorder stage. Just looking at that made me SMILE. I was like a child on Christmas Day! This power they have over us is NUTS!!:)

D Roc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is this hold that apple has over us? I just checked my status (at&t) and I THINK my order is FINALLY making some progress. It has moved from the backorder stage. Just looking at that made me SMILE. I was like a child on Christmas Day! This power they have over us is NUTS!!:)

I just checked my status and ...WHAT!! WHAT!!! ... it has shipped. I tried to stay calm about it and act like it wasnt a big deal tha ti havent gotten it yet...lol but now Im so pumped.

Most reactions