What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shipment date moved up!! Anyone else?

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am clearly not enamored sufficiently with the iPad to call and complain because it is a day or two, or even a week late. As cool as it is, it strikes me as bordering on obsessive to care so much about a chunk of transistors as to complain because it is a week late. To this point in time, most of us have lived our entire lives without an iPad 2, what's another week or so in the overall scheme of things? Keeping one's perspective grounded is probably important in these o-so-trying times. :)

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Azvjc said:
I am clearly not enamored sufficiently with the iPad to call and complain because it is a day or two, or even a week late. As cool as it is, it strikes me as bordering on obsessive to care so much about a chunk of transistors as to complain because it is a week late. To this point in time, most of us have lived our entire lives without an iPad 2, what's another week or so in the overall scheme of things? Keeping one's perspective grounded is probably important in these o-so-trying times. :)

That was my attitude as well. With all things considered, it could have been worse.

iHiggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Azvjc said:

That was my attitude as well. With all things considered, it could have been worse.

I to am not an Apple junkie who needs their fix. I only called to in fact cancel my order because I found one at Walmart. When I was informed I could no longer cancel since the status change to "Prepared to ship" they told me they were going to credit me for the smart cover I had already received. The purpose for my question was to see who else got one for free. In reading this thread there appears to be a number of people who have indeed got credit for it.

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest with you, I wasn't addressing this post to anyone in particular...it was just the overall "patina" this thread seemed to be taking. I apologize if it seemed I was directing my post at you... I most assuredly was not.

Azvjc said:

I to am not an Apple junkie who needs their fix. I only called to in fact cancel my order because I found one at Walmart. When I was informed I could no longer cancel since the status change to "Prepared to ship" they told me they were going to credit me for the smart cover I had already received. The purpose for my question was to see who else got one for free. In reading this thread there appears to be a number of people who have indeed got credit for it.

daroga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on Saturday afternoon (May 14), expected ship May 31, expected delivery on June 6. Hoping it bumps up a little bit. :)

Azvjc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered mine before you did...you better not get yours first! :D

Ordered mine on Saturday afternoon (May 14), expected ship May 31, expected delivery on June 6. Hoping it bumps up a little bit. :)

ruready

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Getting my free cover as well, can't feel to bad these things cost them cents to make.

tonypitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on the 10th. Supposed to ship on the 24th and arrive on the 31st. Hoping for a bump up to something quicker, but I ordered the 64 gig with 3G and it seems those are slower to ship.

SuzyQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine finally went to prepared for shipment early yesterday morning, but I still haven't received an email saying it shipped. :(

SuzyQ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally got the email saying it shipped!!!

Finally got the email saying my baby shipped via Fed Ex - says it will be here on Tuesday, May 24th - hope it gets here a little earlier, but I am so excited that it's on it's way I can hardly stand it!!!! :D

immtbiker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I ordered mine a week ago, I was given a 1-2 week shipping period. I'm hoping that mine will arrive within a week.

The thing that I am confused about, is that if I use the camera kit, or a SD card, can't I just move over music and movies through iTunes for my Macbook to my iPad? I am getting al sort of answers and am being told that i need special software. Why doesn't my Macbook Pro or iMac show up as a device on my iPad, where I can drag ad drop my music and movies from my Mac Computers and put into my iPad's iTunes library. That would seem the most obvious way to move my files over. If I have to start all over again, and spend more money, I might have to return the 2 iPads2's that I just purchased. It seems simple enough.

Can someone please clear this up for me?

TIA-

Losfer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status just changed a few hours ago to

Last Location:
Departed - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Wednesday, 05/18/2011

How long before it gets to Chicago, anyone with experience that can give me an idea?

iHiggy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Status just changed a few hours ago to

Last Location:
Departed - Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong, Wednesday, 05/18/2011

How long before it gets to Chicago, anyone with experience that can give me an idea?

Mine maybe on the same flight as yours.

Anchorage, AK, United States 05/18/2011 9:28 A.M.Arrival Scan Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong 05/18/20116:18 P.M.Departure Scan EPZ, China 05/15/201112:32 A.M.Departure Scan EPZ, China 05/14/20114:51 P.M.Origin Scan China 05/15/201112:51 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS

If so, yours is in Alaska now and should be a direct flight from there to Chicago.

Most reactions

Latest posts