What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Second device same app purchase

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
For those who have two i devices and want same app on both, I have a question.

I have read to sync/backup on one then restore on other and that makes sense. However, can we just log in on the second device (iTunes) and redownload app?

Like I have an iPad if I take an app off I can put it back on by going to AppStore and trying to buy again, it allows redownload. Does this happen on second device or is redownload tied to serial #?

The reason I ask is we're getting a second iPad but the first will be on a trip when the second is delivered. We plan to backup before the trip but for ease I had the idea of just logging in. We'd be having the same iTunes login regardless so would it work?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download any app you own to any device on your itunes account.

OP
B

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so direct down loads from iTunes on second device would work. :)

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Even if you download on the iPad, then sync, after that the apps will be available on the second iPad.

OP
B

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent we have a 3G on order and didn't want to have his and hers purchases. :D

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so direct down loads from iTunes on second device would work. :)

My daughter and my husband do this all time on their own itunes libraries, and also just download directly on the devices themselves.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
In settings for the App Store app you can sign out of your account, sign in with another accont that has purchase the app before and download it for free on this new device.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Buckeye said:
When I go to download pages on our 2nd IPad, it asks me to pay?

If you are using the same Apple ID when downloading the app on your second iPad, you shouldn't have to pay again.

Buckeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found out how, if you go to the app store, at the bottom there is a tab labeled "purchased". There you can install all of your apps free.

Most reactions

Latest posts