What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question abt loading ipad Apps

jeffporfirio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.
Please don't slam me, if my questions seems ludicrous.

I have a bunch (over 300) iphone apps - will I be able to load these directly into the ipad?
or does the ipad need to be hacked (jailbroken), (which I would probably not do) ?

How about apps downloaded from the web or torrents ? Anything special that need to be done to the ipad to load them ?

Thankshttp://forums.mactalk.com.au/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=958758

OP
J

jeffporfirio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks.
How about epub books? I have a bunch of ebooks, can I just load them unto the ipad?
Again thanks

DevilDuck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad apps loading question

Hi guys.

I have a bunch (over 300) iphone apps - will I be able to load these directly into the ipad?
or does the ipad need to be hacked (jailbroken), (which I would probably not do) ?

How about apps downloaded from the web or torrents ? Anything special that need to be done to the ipad to load them ?

Thanks

Hi - I am a jailbroken iPad noob. I have downloaded apps from web sources and had no major problems but I want to know how to add apps from my PC to the iPad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why would you not just download the apps from installous?

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cause its illegal and not allowed to be discussed on these forums.
1. He was asking already about installing apps from untrusted sources, so it's not like I was pointing him in the direction of sin

2. The mods themselves talk about installous:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/5143-apple-reviewer-system-has-serious-flaw.html#post37646

3. No where in the rules does it say it is against the rules of this forum.

Welcome to iPadForums.net

The community on our forum is a great group of people that share the ipad as a common thread, and the use we put it through every day. Some of us have extended knowledge and experience with computers, Apple, and the operating system in general and we're all here to help to the best of our ability.
But before you start posting, please read these rules! If theres anything thats unclear, or if you're in doubt please feel free to message a moderator or administrator!

Forum rules:

This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.*

1. No content that is considered racist, obscene, x-rated, or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice and the member who posted it will be banned. This includes avatars.

2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing information without permission that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam. If you feel the need to do this, send one of our moderators a message before doing so.

3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectively and thoughtfully.

4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created in the wrong forum are subject to deletion. One thread posted in multiple forums is subject to deletion.*

5. We have a zero-tolerance approach on SPAM. If you post spam, your account will be permanently banned and your topic will be deleted. If your only post once and that post is to advertise a product, this is SPAM and will be treated as such. Posting in the incorrect section will result in a warning and subsequent posts may result in a ban at the moderator's discretion. Thank you for understanding and helping us keep the forums spam free and organized!

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

6. Do not send spam via private messages. See #5.

7. Do not promote your websites, domains, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, replying to a post, or putting it in your signature. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM. The only way people are allowed to advertise on this site is of they are paying to do so. And the owner is the only one who will make that call.

8. Promoting other iPad related forums or blogs in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted. Doing so will result in a banning.

9. No charity/fundraising posts.

10. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

11. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.

12. Signature guidelines:
The maximum number of lines in a signature is 5.*
No external links will be posted in signatures. To include email addresses.
Do not put any kind of advertisements in signatures.*
Signature text should comply with our regular posting rules.*
Signature text that is too long or obtrusive will be removed.
This would include overly creative use of punctuation, color, etc. which make the signature too flashy.*
If your signature is in violation of any of these new rules, the Staff may remove it without prior notice.

13. DO NOT advertise anything that costs money. Anyone trying to use iPadforums.net to advertise their paid app or any other item for sale will be banned and their posts will be deleted. The only exception is approved items posted in the iPad App Store section

14. If you have any questions as to whether something is acceptable, please message a moderator.

Note: These rules are subject to change.

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION!!!

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Cause its illegal and not allowed to be discussed on these forums.
1. He was asking already about installing apps from untrusted sources, so it's not like I was pointing him in the direction of sin

2. The mods themselves talk about installous:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/5143-apple-reviewer-system-has-serious-flaw.html#post37646
There are police on the streets that break the law two, doesnt make it right.

3. No where in the rules does it say it is against the rules of this forum.

1. No content that is considered racist, obscene, x-rated,or objectionable will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice and the member who posted it will be banned. This includes avatars.

Also this is posted under the rules as well.
Jailbreaking per se isnt illegal, as long as all modifcation is to your own property.
Trying to promote,sell, or share jailbroken firmware or hacked software however is, as its under Apples copyright and patent.

ROMS for nintendo, playstation and all other emulators are pirated software and fall under the same category togheter with certain software in Cydia that allows you to install paid apps for free from the appstore.

Discussions, links and sharing of any of these on the forum will be deleted and the member will recieve one warning. A second warning will lead to being banned.

Last edited:

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys.

Thankshttp://forums.mactalk.com.au/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=958758

If you are saying you have purchased 300 iPhone apps (I have about 250 if you add up iPhone and iPad apps) that you have legally purchased in the app store then you can install them on your iPad by synching them thru iTunes just as you would a new iPhone...if you are saying you have downloaded them and would like to sideload them....well that is against the rules here and will not be discussed.

Most reactions

Latest posts