What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Backup downloaded jailbroken apps...

Zelphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

With Limera1n released to crack 3.2.2..
And many of us downloading jailbroken apps...

A question comes to mind..

How to backup all those downloaded jailbroken apps and keep them somewhere so that we do not have to re-download later for new iOS upgrade???

Any simple and easy method to extract all those jailbroken apps downloaded in jailbroken ipad and then backup somewhere and then easily re-load into new jail broken ipad??

Appreciate all responses...

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Would be nice...every time a new JB comes out I have to set everything up again.

rogatsby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's an app on Cydia called AptBackup. This doesn't actually back up the apps, but it backs up a list of the jailbreak apps, and once you restore and run the apps, it will re-download and install all of your jailbreak apps for you.

There is currently no app that does a full backup of all your actual JB apps.

OP
Z

Zelphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about extracting those IPA files in JB ipad before restoration and upgrade..
After upgrade to another higher version OS and then JB..
Load back those IPA files...

Any ways to do that?

peebee01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@zelphon. What I used to do (before going to 4.2 beta2) was:
Install openssh on your iPad so you can access it via ssh.
Install WinSCP (or alternative MAC program)
Assuming you also use mostly installous to download IPAs, access /var/mobile/downloads/installous/ where you will find a zip file for each app you have downloaded. (I hope the directory is correct, I can't check on mine now as I don't have a JB on 4.2)

Copy them across to your PC via WInSCP, rename the .zip extension to .ipa after an upgade you can import them into iTunes.

Good luck

OP
Z

Zelphon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How abt using "iphone browser" to extract the files?

Read in Cydia FAQ abt extracting files from device..

Anyone tried this?

wyyam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about those saved game? if we playing half the game n save it.. will it still be there?

KingDong

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wont give the link out as I think it against rules but there a website that has all the newest .ipa ready for download. This how I get mine this way I can have them on my pc for later use and since I have App sync I can just drag and drop them into itunes for install.

Now instalous is nice when on the go all in one solution,but this a great way to have backups of your apps and games with ease.

Pm me if you want the website url or if a admin can let me know if it breaks rules or not.

FearlessG1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new here to don't have a post count yet, anyway you can pm me the link king?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now instalous is nice when on the go all in one solution,but this a great way to have backups of your apps and games with ease.
The discussion of "cracked" apps or software (including operating systems) that is acquired by any means other than what the author / owner / publisher / developer intended is strictly prohibited on this forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts