What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Safari app run from the Home Screen loses session cookies

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having a strange problem while trying to deploy a Safariweb app on the iPad 2. My application contains a few tabs which load different pages; so far, nothing unusual. I would like to be able to let the users add a link to the app to the Home Screen and run it in chromeless mode. The problem is that the auth session (a cookie) is not persisted between page loads. But this only happens if I start the app from the icon that I saved on the Home Screen. Run directly in Safari the app works without problems.

I found a workaround which is to load the home page of the web app with a # at the end of the URL (domain_name/#). Saving the link after this makes the app work perfectly.

Did anyone see something similar? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marius

gdorbes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am having a strange problem while trying to deploy a Safariweb app on the iPad 2. My application contains a few tabs which load different pages; so far, nothing unusual. I would like to be able to let the users add a link to the app to the Home Screen and run it in chromeless mode. The problem is that the auth session (a cookie) is not persisted between page loads. But this only happens if I start the app from the icon that I saved on the Home Screen. Run directly in Safari the app works without problems.

I found a workaround which is to load the home page of the web app with a # at the end of the URL (domain_name/#). Saving the link after this makes the app work perfectly.

Did anyone see something similar? Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Marius

I have the same pb for a web app that I'm developing. I'm thinking about using local storage instead of cookie.
Better idea welcome

::Guillaume::

Most reactions

Latest posts