What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some basic questions abt the ipad

mondayblues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi, i am thinking of buying an ipad, and would like to get some answers for some basic questions here.

i heard that the ipad cannot open pdf files out-of-the-box, except for those that come attached in emails. so the question is, how do i read pdfs on the ipad? if i need to buy apps, any ideas for good apps and their price ranges?

since the ipad does not support FLASH, are there any major websites that will not display? will i need any app to use youtube?

one more question nagging at me. can i log onto msn through ebuddy.com on safari? and can i let ebuddy run in the background while i do other stuff?

thanks for any replies!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ibook is a free app that can read pdf files.
best app for reading would be goodreader. it was price at 99cents. (not aware if there is price increase, you have to check this)
ipad has a preinstalled youtube app, only videos that cant be shown are those in flash.
You can use IM , a free app that let's you connect to your msn, facebook , twitter yahoo to name a few.

Last edited:
OP
M

mondayblues

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i see. that's cool! can IM run in the background, with other 'foreground' tasks running?

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Judging by the questions you are asking, I think you should wait until the beginning of 2011 and buy one of the many good quality Android based tablets that will be released on the market. They will support flash video and websites, open PDF files, act as file storage since they have a true file system, etc, etc. They will still not run most apps in the background like you want, but they do most of the things you want to do.

Just avoid the off-brand crap and go with good quality name brands and they should perform very well.

Dragoro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Might want to try trillian too. Runs great on android and pc, havent got my ipad yet to try on that.

Most reactions