What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about installing Beta OS

Kandjar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm already registered as a iOS developper;

I was wondering: will installing an iOS beta wipe everything on the device?
I have currently over 400 apps installed on my iPad (that's why I need the folders :p) + some data I don't wanna loose (some even work related)...

So in a way I really want to install the new beta; but on the other hand; I can't afford risking the lost of data on it...

Is it safe to install it? Has anyone got his iPad wiped out after installing a beta OS?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it's safe, it didnt wipe anything off my ipad. I've got from beta1 to beta3.

But just to be on the safeside. You could back up your Ipad, that way you dont have to worry.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, backup first then save backup file copy to dif location just in case iTunes loses the original....then if it does wipe and fails to restoration can run a manual back restore

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to backup my stuff and upgrading didn't change anything. But this is not to say that nothing will happen though :D

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am a bit surprised that you are a developer but have no idea of what procedures that need to be implemented . The issue with any beta is simple never use private data nor critical data when installing beta software unless you are backed up. It is not a statement it is mandatory

Most reactions