What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ios 6 beta or 5.1.1?

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I registered for the developer program, and this is the first beta I'm ever testing from apple. I installed it on my new iPad, and I'm loving the new features; Siri is amazing, and I didn't realize how much I would love the new stock clock app and app store. The no password to update apps is quite a relief! Maps is good, but I was satisfied with google maps, for the biggest features of the new maps will not really be so big for me and my city.

But I'm on the fence. Of course it's a beta, so it's buggy, some of my apps that I use frequently don't work properly with ios 6 yet and I'm having slight wifi connectivity issues. Then again, where I'm at for the next few weeks the Internet isn't so great at all, so maybe I'm missing out because of this problem. So I don't know whether to go back on the reliable 5.1.1, or stick with 6 for the next few weeks until I can try it out at home and keep the awesome new features I love! (MAINLY SIRI!). Note that I hate the whole restoring OS process, restoring from backup, and syncing the 20 GB of pictures, music, and video and another 15GB of apps. It's not the process that bothers me, it just takes time I don't have.

Anyway, back on topic: For those of you who can, do you have ios 6 beta installed? On what device? Are you gonna revert back to 5.1.1 or stick with the betas for the long haul?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Beta 1 is designed to give developers a head start on testing the new API calls and application compatibility. It's not meant to be used on a production device.

OP
Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
thewitt said:
Beta 1 is designed to give developers a head start on testing the new API calls and application compatibility. It's not meant to be used on a production device.

Yeah I realize that :p

Most reactions

Latest posts