What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probs with new (BT) hub.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks squirrel & to twerppoet again.

My new hub seems much better, so I was vindicated pointing to this, vs two engineers bluntly & rudely saying its my ipad calling me out in my own house.

New guy pointed hub the other way round, & it seems Ive a bit better 'reception' upstairs.. so I can scrimp by ok now with this one hub.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good to know that you are up and running. (-Even it took that rare commodity of two BT engineers😊)

>> New guy pointed hub the other way round

By the way it may be worth looking at an iOS app called Wi-Fi Sweetspots. You can wander round your house and see where the best signals are to be found, or move you hub to suit your reception.

OP
S
Reaction score
Good to know that you are up and running. (-Even it took that rare commodity of two BT engineers😊)

>> New guy pointed hub the other way round

By the way it may be worth looking at an iOS app called Wi-Fi Sweetspots. You can wander round your house and see where the best signals are to be found, or move you hub to suit your reception.

Hiya squirrel,

2 incompetant, arrogant 'very welsh' engineers last time ( that '..' term means, at the least -& so very often- you are treated as a 2nd class citizen in their country like this typical eg IE they know best you're just english, fair game to just refute at, be blunt at & to be argued with.. & at the worst, abusive vitriolic nationalist xyz at.. which Ive also encountered more than once; not BT).

Thankfully a lone chap ( welsh) just had to plug in new hub really. I can even get signal from this new ( identical) Hub in top part of garden.. not a hope here with last one.

Useful link that/ will try, tho Im set ok now tbh. I dare not tinker!

thanks alot, Schwang Dang D.

NSquirrel

iPF Novice
Reaction score
😊

I quite understand but the app does not need any tinkering. Just install, launch it and wander around your house and garden, street and you will see, on the iPad, the signal level vary. It is quite informative (and free😊)

OP
S
Reaction score
😊

I quite understand but the app does not need any tinkering. Just install, launch it and wander around your house and garden, street and you will see, on the iPad, the signal level vary. It is quite informative (and free😊)

Hiya squirrel, done as suggested/ have the app & wandering around. Useful & simple. I am new to what even an 'app' is you see. So not quick off the draw.

I seem to get only 30 Mbps upstairs, in my bedroom/ only other place I use my ipad. But just about ok, with new hub, even up there. But 390 or so otherwise.

Very helpful advice, many thanks. SDDOODLE

Most reactions