What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems pairing bluetooth keyboard in Ghomo case

MarionJD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had my iPad 3 for a week now, and just received the Khomo case with detatchable bluetooth keyboard.

I'm kinda new to the iPad stuff.

The case came without a charging cable, by which I assume I need to use the iPad one. I plugged it in, after a while the red light went out, and I assume that means it's charged. However, I can't get it to pair with the iPad. It sees the device, but won't pair. (Yes, I've turned the keyboard on.) The message says to make sure the keyboard is turned on, within range, and ready to pair.

Am I missing something? Help please.

(I've e-mailed Onix-electronics - no answer so far.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
the iPad should see the keyboard.

when you ask it to pair with the keyboard it should ask you to type a code it provides on the keyboard to confirm the pairing.

OP
M

MarionJD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It doesn't seem to get that far. Also, the keyboard is in a case, and there's no code visible.

L

Lunar

Is there a push button on the keyboard, which after switching on you press to initialise the pairing.

On reading your post I tried to pair my own small Bluetooth keyboard, which I occasionally use on my PS3. The iPad 3 recognised it, and it put the message box in the centre of the screen prompting me to input the 4 digit code shown in the box, but by the time I managed to read the code, the box had disappeared and another box popped up with a message saying to make sure the bluetooth device was switched on...hmmm..

I tried it a few times, but no way could I get the code input into the keyboard before the box disappeared with the second error message poping up.
BTW the 4 digit code it asks you to input on the keyboard is different everytime.. so I think there is a compatibilty issue with this particular BT keyboard.

TBH.. I'm not too impressed with Bluetooth devices at the moment, as I've discovered that my Bluetooth stereo headphones won't work with anything being streamed to my iPad 3 as when anything is being streamed it just seems to cripple my wifi, as within a few seconds of watching the streamed TV or whatever, I get a network error message. If I turn off the Headphones it then continues streaming okay. So I'm stuck to using the bluetooth headphones for use just for installed music and films. IOW I'm cannot use them while I'm streaming anything. Apparently it's a commom problem due to both the wireless connection and Bluetooth both using the same 2.4Ghz frequency. I even tried changing different channels and modes on the router, but no solution.

AAMOI, do Bluetooth mice and Keyboards also work on the same 2.4Ghz frequency ? as the wireless uses.

Re. your BT keyboard.. try removing all BT devices again, and persevere, BT devices can sometimes be quarky, ironically this same BT keyboard works okay on my old iPad 1, and it still works fine as I just tried it. I know they have upgraded the Bluetooths hardware on the iPad3, so I'm hoping a few minor iPad3 bugs/ compatibilty issues get fixed in the new iOS update. Apple have already acknowledged there are a few minor glitches with 3g/wifi on the iPad3, so hopefully these will get fixed too.

Sorry I cannot offer a definative solution to your problem, and only mention my experiences above as they are bluetooth related too, I can assure you, your not alone with BT issues...lol

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

MarionJD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lunar and Mike, thanks for the help. It's solved.

Part of the problem is that the only documentation was a teeny booklet that I needed a magnifying glass (literally) to read. I eventually found it in the plastic bag, and it had the answer. The missing element was a "pairing" button on the keyboard. It was further confused by a mysterious BT device that appeared on the list while the keyboard didn't until I found the pairing button. So I kept trying to pair something that didn't exist.

All's well, and it makes a huge difference to have the keyboard. Hope you are as successful with your issues, Lunar.

Ski

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I am having the same problem. Which button turned out to be the pairing button? Was it some sort of key command? Thanks

Mark Kedem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarionJD said:
I have had my iPad 3 for a week now, and just received the Khomo case with detatchable bluetooth keyboard.

I'm kinda new to the iPad stuff.

The case came without a charging cable, by which I assume I need to use the iPad one. I plugged it in, after a while the red light went out, and I assume that means it's charged. However, I can't get it to pair with the iPad. It sees the device, but won't pair. (Yes, I've turned the keyboard on.) The message says to make sure the keyboard is turned on, within range, and ready to pair.

Am I missing something? Help please.

(I've e-mailed Onix-electronics - no answer so far.

Does anyone's know why the Apple wireless keyboard does not type when the pairing is completed. I know this because I can control volume using the keyboard and also bring. The keyboard on and off the screen. It just does not type!! When I was asked to put in my user name and password for the Apple ID the keyboard did respond. It does not work on mail, Internet, Facebook and all other applications. Anybody with ideas?

Most reactions

Latest posts