What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble pairing with Khomo bluetooth keyboard

lindze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I just got a Khomo case with bluetooth keyboard. I have charged it and followed the (very minimal) instructions to pair it with my iPad 2. My iPad will see the keyboard, and then when I select it, the window pops up with a 4 digit pin/code. I enter it in, and then a window pops up saying the pairing was unsuccessful and to make sure that the keyboard was turned on, in range, and ready to pair. It was definitely on, and I would hope it was in range as it was immediately next to the iPad. As for ready to pair, I assume it was as I pressed the pair button and had the blue indicator light flashing. No matter how many times I try it, turn off both devices, try again (with a different pin/code each time), I get the same unsuccessful message.
Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas of what to do? I've tried looking through forums and sites and have not yet found anything helpful :(

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Lindze - welcome to the forum! :) I own an Apple BT keyboard which pairs quickly w/ my iPad 2 & wife's iPad Mini - the process is pretty simple as you've already described - the pin codes are usually no big deal (0000 on my Monster external BT portable speakers - I can remember that one!) - I'm not sure what the problem may be assuming the KB is charged & the code is entered correctly? If possible, I would try to 'pair' the KB w/ another iPad - could be the problem. Otherwise try to reset your iPad - probably will not help but who knows (directions below) - good luck and post back here your results. Dave

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
L

lindze

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It still does not work. I don't have another ipad to try it with, but I used my phone (Droid Razr Maxx) and it wouldn't connect to that either. It gave me a message that it couldn't communicate with the keyboard, and then also the occasional message that the code was incorrect, even though I typed in the exact numbers it asked for (again, they were different every time). So then I thought maybe the keyboard is wonky and the numbers aren't right, so I tried inputting the code one number off each digit up and then down, and that didn't work either. It's just weird 'cuz I'll get the error message immediately after hitting the return button, instead of just continuing to wait before throwing up an error, so it's like it knows I've entered something in, and yet it won't actually connect!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It still does not work. I don't have another ipad to try it with, but I used my phone (Droid Razr Maxx) and it wouldn't connect to that either. It gave me a message that it couldn't communicate with the keyboard, and then also the occasional message that the code was incorrect, even though I typed in the exact numbers it asked for (again, they were different every time). So then I thought maybe the keyboard is wonky and the numbers aren't right, so I tried inputting the code one number off each digit up and then down, and that didn't work either. It's just weird 'cuz I'll get the error message immediately after hitting the return button, instead of just continuing to wait before throwing up an error, so it's like it knows I've entered something in, and yet it won't actually connect!

Sorry about your continual problems w/ the BT keyboard - was the product ordered online or purchased locally (e.g. Best Buy, Apple, etc.)? Plus, I'm assuming this was a recent purchase and that the KB has never paired w/ your devices? If bought locally, then return to the store and have them try to pair or replace the KB; if purchased online, can it be returned for a replacement and/or can you contact the manufacturer? About all of the advice that I can offer at the moment - good luck! Dave :)

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most BT stuff default to 0000 for their pair code
I'd email the vendor and confirm
Did you buy or inherit the BT KB.

Try buying another one and configure and compare setup to see if its just that one.

Incidentally I've had people to try pawn their BT stuff on me when it was broken or faulty thinking I could fix it or assign it some value lolz

Most reactions