What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ZAGGfolio keyboard for iPad 2-4 case won’t connect to iPad 4

Alex Gabe M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive tried charging, a hard reset, on my iPhone 7, disconnecting and reconnecting several times. I am at a loss at what to try. It was a re-gift, so I don’t think there’s much hope for support from ZAGG. I am just wondering if there is anything else I can try before I give up.

What happens is, I turn on the keyboard, the light flashes as it should, I click the connect button which flashes non stop, then I go to the Bluetooth settings, toggle it on, ‘ZAGG keyboard’ comes up as an option. I select it. It asks me to type a code on the keyboard and hit enter. I do this, moments pass, and I’m assuming the pairing times out and I receive the message that the pairing was unsuccessful and that I should make sure they are in range and ready for pairing (they are next to each other... I have tried various distances too just to be sure it wasn’t tooo close).

I am very sad that it didn’t immediately work. Any ideas if this could be an issue with my OS? Do I need to version up or down? Factory reset? Or give up?

I’ll take all the advice I can get!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm, have you checked the keyboard’s batteries? Or if it has built in batteries, have you charged them?

I know it seems obvious, but I’ve often found my weird bluetooth keyboard problems turn out to be low batteries.

OP
A

Alex Gabe M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have a problem with connecting to any other Bluetooth devices?
I haven't tried connecting my ipad to anything else yet, but my phone connects well to my wireless speaker and wireless headphones (both disconnected at the time), and I have less than 4 remembered devices, I know that sometimes it maxes out at 5.
Ill try to connect my ipad to something else tonight!

OP
A

Alex Gabe M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm, have you checked the keyboard’s batteries? Or if it has built in batteries, have you charged them?

I know it seems obvious, but I’ve often found my weird bluetooth keyboard problems turn out to be low batteries.
Its built in. I thought that could be it too. I charged it for an hour and tried it, and then I left it charging overnight just to see if that does the trick. But its holding power, at least enough to run the lights, and i also tried to pair while it was charging to see if maybe it wasnt holding enough power.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Its built in. I thought that could be it too. I charged it for an hour and tried it, and then I left it charging overnight just to see if that does the trick. But its holding power, at least enough to run the lights, and i also tried to pair while it was charging to see if maybe it wasnt holding enough power.

Oh well. So much for the easy fix.

If you can find the manual/instructions for it online, there might be a key combo you can use to reset it when powering on. That’s the only other thing I can think of.

OP
A

Alex Gabe M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh well. So much for the easy fix.

If you can find the manual/instructions for it online, there might be a key combo you can use to reset it when powering on. That’s the only other thing I can think of.
Thats a great idea! Ill start googling and see if I can find something. If you (or anyone) comes across something like this, I'll gladly try!

Most reactions

Latest posts