What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad3 and bluetooth keyboard

ksheer2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I joined this forum essentially to highlight a problem with iPad3 and keyboards with bluetooth connectivity.
First my own experience:
I own an iPad -3; 64Gb, iOS 7.06.
Recently added Targus Versavu keyboard folio case with a bluetooth connection (thru an Amazon reseller).

Problem: iPad freezes (no action possible) / completely shuts down (i.e. black screen) /reboots (shuts down and resumes with Apple logo) when bluetooth connection is established. It may happen immediately or after some typing. But it never fails. So I am stuck with a keyboard case that merely is a case and nothing more.

Searched the net and came across another forum with a thread entirely on this. The problem occurs with other makes and models of keyboards -- it'd appear. Further, I infer that those with iOS 6 series and earlier had no problems with bt keyboards. That thread has no solution listed.

Wondering if anyone has experienced this? any thoughts on a possible solution?

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I joined this forum essentially to highlight a problem with iPad3 and keyboards with bluetooth connectivity. First my own experience: I own an iPad -3; 64Gb, iOS 7.06. Recently added Targus Versavu keyboard folio case with a bluetooth connection (thru an Amazon reseller). Problem: iPad freezes (no action possible) / completely shuts down (i.e. black screen) /reboots (shuts down and resumes with Apple logo) when bluetooth connection is established. It may happen immediately or after some typing. But it never fails. So I am stuck with a keyboard case that merely is a case and nothing more. Searched the net and came across another forum with a thread entirely on this. The problem occurs with other makes and models of keyboards -- it'd appear. Further, I infer that those with iOS 6 series and earlier had no problems with bt keyboards. That thread has no solution listed. Wondering if anyone has experienced this? any thoughts on a possible solution?

I have a Logitech slim bluetooth keyboard and have been using it for 4 months now with no problems what so ever. Had no such problems with my previous keyboard either (except I hated the soft touch keys) so not sure why you are having so many prblems. Hope you resolve it :)

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I joined this forum essentially to highlight a problem with iPad3 and keyboards with bluetooth connectivity. First my own experience: I own an iPad -3; 64Gb, iOS 7.06. Recently added Targus Versavu keyboard folio case with a bluetooth connection (thru an Amazon reseller). Problem: iPad freezes (no action possible) / completely shuts down (i.e. black screen) /reboots (shuts down and resumes with Apple logo) when bluetooth connection is established. It may happen immediately or after some typing. But it never fails. So I am stuck with a keyboard case that merely is a case and nothing more. Searched the net and came across another forum with a thread entirely on this. The problem occurs with other makes and models of keyboards -- it'd appear. Further, I infer that those with iOS 6 series and earlier had no problems with bt keyboards. That thread has no solution listed. Wondering if anyone has experienced this? any thoughts on a possible solution?

I have never used a BT device with my iPad, so these suggestions are purely what I think could be the solution. Other more experienced forun members can help you in this case.

1. If there is any option to pair your keyboard with the iPad, you can try un pairing and pairing it again.

2. You can try hard resetting your iPad.

HARD RESET : Press and hold home and power button simultaneously for about 20-30 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will NOT loose any data in this way. This solves most problems on iPads.

Please post your results! Good luck!

hd107a

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try these
Go to Settings and reset your keyboard.

Also try resetting Network Connections. I know this sounds odd but I was having a problem unrelated to the network and I was told to reset the network connections, I did that and it fixed the problem.

Try resetting your keyboard.

I have been using the Logitech keyboard for two years now with no problems

Let us know how you make out

Most reactions

Latest posts