What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IPad 2 pairing issues

Pame41

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, just got my Ipad 2 a week ago and got a case with a bluetooth keyboard. I am unable to pair the Ipad to the keyboard even though the keyboard is not paired to anything else and the code to pair does come up on the ipad2. Once I type in the # I get a message that the kayboard is not close enough or turned on but it is right next to it. I then tried to pair it to the imac to see if it was the keyboard or the Ipad and I got the same type of results, codes matched on the imac and ipad so I tapped on pair and then got that error message again. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please provide specific information on the brand & model # of the keyboard you are trying to pair w/ the iPad - this may help others to reply - good luck!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Might not be a bad idea to put fresh batteries in the keyboard; just to eliminate a possible problem.

Other than that I have no idea. It is possible the keyboard simply isn't compatible with iOS or OSX. Or it could be defective. You'll have to check with the manufacturer to be sure.

Most reactions

Latest posts