What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with my iPad Microphone

Flork

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPad Pro 11" (2018 model) and recently I have been having microphone issues.
It doesn't work properly on FaceTime - people have told me they can barely hear me. So I made a test recording with the voice memos app. Sure enough my voice sounds muffled and a hiss. Tested with Facebook Messenger, my friend says I sound like I'm in a tunnel.
Now here's the thing: I tested it with the camera app. I recorded a video of myself (using both front and back cameras) and my voice comes out crystal clear. How is that possible? It means that this isn't a hardware issue if it works fine with the camera app.
It also works fine with headphones mic.
I've done every controlled test imaginable - same apps using my other iPad and iPhone, same distance from the mic, all from the same room.
I would have assumed it was hardware related were it not for the fact that it works with the camera.
Me new iPad 12.9" is basically an exact replica of this. I set it up as a carbon copy of the old one. Settings identical.

I have done a hard reset of the iPad as well. I am very reluctant to reset all my settings given what a pain that is.

No idea if the problem started with an iOS update. But again, my other devices are fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts