What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pleaseee help me downgrade

shawn744

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey guys, wow, i'm usually not this stupid...first thing this morning I was trying to shutoff some notification going off on my ipad3 when i saw the io6 update and hit install...hours later i'm reading how iOS6 sucks major, and i'm thinking good, I'll stick with 5.1.1...then I realize that i installed it... dagnabbit...

iOS6 really sucks from what i can see and since i've used it for a few hours i'd do anything to go back to 5.1.1. Can anyone help me downgrade this thing ? I'd be in your debt foreverrrr. I have access to a pc running itunes if that helps...

Thanks.

-Shawn

Last edited by a moderator:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
shawn744 said:
hey guys, wow, i'm usually not this stupid...first thing this morning I was trying to shutoff some notification going off on my ipad3 when i saw the io6 update and hit install...hours later i'm reading how iOS6 sucks major, and i'm thinking good, I'll stick with 5.1.1...then I realize that i installed it... dagnabbit...

iOS6 really sucks from what i can see and since i've used it for a few hours i'd do anything to go back to 5.1.1. Can anyone help me downgrade this thing ? I'd be in your debt foreverrrr. I have access to a pc running itunes if that helps...

Thanks.

-Shawn

This thread offers your only chance to downgrade, but only if the signing window for iOS 5.1.1hasn't closed yet. If it has closed, you are out of luck.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/90123-time-sensitive-restore-ipad-ios-5-1-1-a.html

OP
S

shawn744

iPF Noob
Reaction score
exactly what i was looking for, thanks so much, i'm doing it now. crossin my fingers..

OP
S

shawn744

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YES, iPad 3 is restoring back to 5.1.1. Thank goodness. Sayonara iOS6 ! Thanks again man, much appreciated.

Last edited:

saphire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have decided to stay with ios 6 but is it possible that Apple might keep this window open until any fixes are done, there is a lot of dissapointed people out there and they would be doing themselves a diservice by closing the window at this moment.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
saphire said:
I have decided to stay with ios 6 but is it possible that Apple might keep this window open until any fixes are done, there is a lot of dissapointed people out there and they would be doing themselves a diservice by closing the window at this moment.

No, the window will not be kept open. I'd be surprised if it was still open this evening.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

It's certainly not in their history or nature to do that. Beta testing has been lengthy, there are no known major bugs in the 6.0 release, and we've seen exactly this kind of backlash against new / changed features in every major version of IOS since 3.0. They'll just suck it up as normal :)

The signing window is typically closed within 48 hours, but at the moment it remains open...

Most reactions