What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't downgrade from 5.1.1 to ANYthing else. iPad 1

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got an iPad 1 that I've had jailbroken for 2 yrs. I've had pretty much every ios on it, upgraded, downgraded, Cydia has all my shsh, everything. Yet a few days ago I installed 5.1.1 (from 4.3.5) and while Cydia *has* my shsh for 4.3.5 I can't for the LIFE of me get downgraded to anything, nada, nothing. I've tried several different iTunes versions, this is driving me crazy and I've never had trouble like this with TU.
What's going on? I can't get downgraded to 3.2.1 or 4.2.1 like I always could before either. What am I doing wrong?
I did uncheck the box saying to set hosts to Cydia on exit. I've tried all different combinations of these lines in the hosts file one by one and none in desparation:
74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com
Help!

PS I want to downgrade because my battery loses 18% an hour when before the upgrade to 5.1.1 it only used 9% an hour. (Yes, I turned off notifications and iCoud, etc.)

Also-right now I've got the iTunes 10.5 installed and the most current TU, it's giving me error code 11

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rather than modifying the hosts yourself, try using TinyUmbrella to serve up your hosts by using the TSS Server feature (its not clear from your post if you are doing this or not). It could be something really simple you are overlooking, but it's easy to get bogged down when you are frustrated. We've all been there.

Try following this tutorial - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-downgrade-your-ipad1-ipad2-4-x-firmware.html

Make sure you follow each step. If you get error 11 again (or any other error) let us know...

Good luck!

OP
K

Ksane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, f4780. I've done it that way also time and again. It's an iPad 1 3G and I'm using Windows 7 64-bit if that makes a difference.
This is driving me crazy. I've done this whole downgrading thing hundreds of times and I don't know why it's messing up.
Should I still be able to downgrade to 4.2.1? Is that still possible (Cydia has shsh saved for that also).

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, if you are following all the steps, and have the blobs,there is no reason for it not to work. Don't know what else to suggest. Sorry.
I installed 4.3.3 on my ipad1 last week, so I know it works...
that tutorial will work for any version of 4.x you have blobs for.

Most reactions

Latest posts