What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PC to Ipad streaming video

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
Looking for ways to stream video to my IPAD. Are there free or paid apps around that will do this easily or is it a must to setup client and server software. Never done anything like that before and new to the apple world. So I guess I am looking for the easy way out, if the can be accomplished.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AIR VIDEO! I swear by that app! I've been using it a ton and their iPad version was just approved about a day ago! It works great!

LINK

It is well worth the price ($2.99). They also have a free version you can test out to see if you like it... the free version only allows you to see 3 random videos in your folder.

This program is THE BOMB!!!

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
Thanks brobar and Jippojeppe !!!!!!!!!
Air Video is just amazing to say the least setup went without a hitch and the streaming quality is great.
Thanks again for your help in suggesting a great Ipad app.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read accounts of good experience over the internet - even using 3G (obviously by an iPhone user)! I am blown away with the quality via local WiFi. I plan to go to my sister's house soon and try from her WiFi. I'll let you know how it works.

-Greg

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
I've read accounts of good experience over the internet - even using 3G (obviously by an iPhone user)! I am blown away with the quality via local WiFi. I plan to go to my sister's house soon and try from her WiFi. I'll let you know how it works.

-Greg

It will be interesting to see how you make out using it over the internet. Yes the local WiFi is without a doubt the best..

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AV is awesome. I tried it yesterday and it works great over the Internet. Really impressed with this technology.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-Greg

It will be interesting to see how you make out using it over the internet. Yes the local WiFi is without a doubt the best..

It worked great over the internet! It may have buffered a few secs longer but it was perfect. I even ran one video that was 1080p!

-Greg

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't able to get it to work over the internet. It does work well on my Wi-Fi, but even with a brand new router using either auto or manual mapping of the port I could not make it work over the internet. Hopefully they make that part work better in the future.

danny

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-Greg

can I use video converter to convert video to ipad? i buy one before for my iphone and can I transfer it easily? the video converter is isharesoft video converter and I don't know whether it is support ipad.do i need to buy a new one?

Most reactions

Latest posts