What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organizing pictures inside albums

hmd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just jumped head first into apple (iphone4 & iPad 2), coming from android and a pc. We bought ipads for presentations (landscape design) and I about flipped when I found out there isn't a way to manage my photos the way I need to on the iPad. Big thanks for the suggestion to get drop box. It makes sense for someone use to using a pc. I am interested on opinions anyone has on The other photo apps. We have a big plant gallery with photos named by the plants they show. Having them alphabetized is a must when you are looking for a picture to show a client and you have a total of 400+ pics!

rjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Organizing Photos in Sequence on iPad

It is beyond me after all this time and the many complaints that Apple hasn't addressed this issue. They seem to be enamored with their "faces and places" approach and with their date/time approach. I believe some people have even invented ways to adjust the metadata date to accomplish the sequence they want. However, the one relatively straight forward way I finally found that works is to use a Macbook Pro and Aperture. If you arrange the photos the way you want them in Aperture and be sure that it shows the arrangement as "Manual" even if you have used "Name" of "Date" initially (just move a photo back and forth and it will become "Manual"). When you then sync your iPad with Aperture on your Macbook with iTunes they will be arranged the way you want them.

aihna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the information very informative, i encounter same problem though.

mikegayle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im new on the forum so not sure where exactly this thread would go, hopefully im in the right place.
I have a problem, well, more like an annoying situation with my Photo app.
I've used folders (not iPhoto) from my mac to import my photos into the iPad, but for some weird reason Itunes or the Photo app itself organize them randomly, the way they want it, i guess going by the date they were created, not alphabetically, the way i want them to be.
No matter how I try, the loading order into the iPad photo Gallery is unpredictable. I've used alphabetic and numeric file names, and none worked. Additional to this, there's no way I can manage to see what's the file names on the iPad once I've imported them.
I use the iPad as a portfolio preview, and the sequence of the photos (and their filenames) are essential.
Is there a way to this out there I've missed, or some inside trick with the existing software to control the names, content, and photo sequences of folders?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance
dialce01

Hey check out Photo Folder App which helps to organize your photo library by creating a custom folder hierarchy on their iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. Additionally, users can filter through their photo library using various criteria - keywords, favorites or ratings. :)

OldRed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. They lead me to this App which is just what an old PC user needed. Have just downloaded and trialed "Photo Sort" app. Brilliant for $2 with multi-layer folders and entuative feel. Ideal for sales rep work with photos now easy to find in custom named folders, subfolders and photos.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OldRed said:
Thanks for all the comments. They lead me to this App which is just what an old PC user needed. Have just downloaded and trialed "Photo Sort" app. Brilliant for $2 with multi-layer folders and entuative feel. Ideal for sales rep work with photos now easy to find in custom named folders, subfolders and photos.

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

nilct

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use photo presentation for my work. I accidentally discovered that if you zip all your pictures in one folder and upload it to your ipad. The slide sequence would remain the same as you intented. The reason is that ipad sort it with time line when you sync the pictures. I think when you zip and unzip the file, it removes the time line of the pictures.

AlexW52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Picasa App? I like the way that Picasa works on my PC, so was hoping that it would be as easy to use on the iPad. Thanks!

rjensen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Arrange with Aperture

I just jumped head first into apple (iphone4 & iPad 2), coming from android and a pc. We bought ipads for presentations (landscape design) and I about flipped when I found out there isn't a way to manage my photos the way I need to on the iPad. Big thanks for the suggestion to get drop box. It makes sense for someone use to using a pc. I am interested on opinions anyone has on The other photo apps. We have a big plant gallery with photos named by the plants they show. Having them alphabetized is a must when you are looking for a picture to show a client and you have a total of 400+ pics!

I have found that if I first use Aperture software on my Macbook Pro and they are arranged in MANUAL order in it they will sync into my iPad in that order. Even if you initially have them arranged in Aperture by alphabet or number, just switch one photo back and forth and Aperture will show the whole folder as Manual.

zico

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello everybody, i am new user of Ipad 2 and i am seeking some help if possible: i cannot organize my pictures, i tried to do it on youtube where we can see the videos of how to organize your pictures in albums, the problem is that when i copy the pics, i dont have an icone on top, right side of the screen called Add sicne this is what's shown in the videos. can somebody plz help and tell me what s wrong, or if there anything to be done :) thank you.

Most reactions

Latest posts