What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photos: Creating Folders on iPad

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the only way to create folders on the iPad photos via iTunes?

I don't want to go to iTunes create folders,put my photos in the proper folder, and sync them. I want to creAte folders directly on my ipadand organize them on there.

Is the only way to do this if I jailbreAk it?

I've sen a couple apps but they All have terrible reviews.

Any ideas? Or is jb the only option other than crapTunes

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found an app called (photo sort for iPad) that once you have synched your photos from your computer to your iPad you can create folders,name them,move photos of your choice into them and name them.
The folders and pictures will then be displayed in alphabetical order. For example if you had pictures of Don's family and Mary's family,you can create two folders with these names and put any number of photos into these folders and name them. The first picture in each folder will then be like the cover photo for that folder. You can then run them in a slide show or go thru them manually.
It took me awhile to figure out how to use this app,but it was well worth the effort. This app is $1.99 and to me is worth a lot more. One thing it needs is better user instructions although anyone more computer literate than me can figure it out. This is by far the best photo app I have found to arrange and organize photos once on the iPad.
I will be glad to help anyone that needs it if I can,and by the way I have no interest at all in this app.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have folders on my pc by category. Once I connected my iPad they all downloaded perfectly.

OP
I

iMo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have found an app called (photo sort for iPad) that once you have synched your photos from your computer to your iPad you can create folders,name them,move photos of your choice into them and name them.
The folders and pictures will then be displayed in alphabetical order. For example if you had pictures of Don's family and Mary's family,you can create two folders with these names and put any number of photos into these folders and name them. The first picture in each folder will then be like the cover photo for that folder. You can then run them in a slide show or go thru them manually.
It took me awhile to figure out how to use this app,but it was well worth the effort. This app is $1.99 and to me is worth a lot more. One thing it needs is better user instructions although anyone more computer literate than me can figure it out. This is by far the best photo app I have found to arrange and organize photos once on the iPad.
I will be glad to help anyone that needs it if I can,and by the way I have no interest at all in this app.

Do you have to sync the photos via iTunes with is app?

My thing is I take pix with my black berry and email them to myself and from my email I hit save on my iPad and it goes to my saved photos. I just want to be able to create folders in my photos folder on my iPad and arrange them and move them from folder to folder

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once this app is on your iPad you do not have to sync to iTunes. Your emailed photos will go into your saved photos in your main photo app and then when you open the photo sort app you can show all your photos and put them anywhere you want to in the folders you have created in the photo sort app. You do not have to ever sync to iTunes except when ever you may want to back up your files.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You might have luck with the iOS 4 which will have a folder capability.

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
drpep I like the idea of this app alot. But I saw a comment that once you move a photo from the main folder to a new one for some reason it take up more memory. Is this really the case, I would think if you move a photo to a new or existing folder it would not take up more memory.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm assuming that it will take up more space. I have about 1000 photos loaded on my iPad which is a 64 gb model and really haven't noticed that.
Maybe someone with more knowledge about that can comment on it.

Bluesjam

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Drpep, I just downloaded the app Photo Sort and that's cool. Works great, I really like it. I was able to setup a folder, import pics, delete and you can even setup a passcod for the folder. Thanks for the info.

drpep

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked for you. I know it is the only app I have found that will let me set up my photos the way I want.

flaroman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
additional info

Hi,

I have read through this thread and have a question about syncing up the folders... can this be done on a network? I think it can and is this something I would have my network guy set up?

Thanks in advance :)

June_NM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folders for photos on IPad

On my PC I created separate folders with titles but all my pictures end up in a single file called "IPad Cache". It won't allow me to put individual folders in the IPad Cache. Is there a simple way to do such a simple thing?

Most reactions

Latest posts