What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenjenx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased IPAD2 with 4.3.5 pre-loaded

OK, I have been trying for days.

Searched high and low and many articles say that IPAD2 Wifi on 4.3.5 can be downgraded to 4.3.3 and jailbroken.

I have tried the downgrade many many times but none works.

Download 4.3.3 ipsw
Go into DFU mode
Edit Hosts
Open Itunes and restore to selected ipsw
ERROR 3194

Using Tiny Umbrella server
ERROR 2005

I have tried all the methods I could find to solve these errors but none work.

So can someone finally put me straight???

If I just bought an IPAD2 WIFI on 4.3.5 (therefore have no previous shsh blobs) can I JAILBREAK?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I have been trying for days.

Searched high and low and many articles say that IPAD2 Wifi on 4.3.5 can be downgraded to 4.3.3 and jailbroken.

I have tried the downgrade many many times but none works.

Download 4.3.3 ipsw
Go into DFU mode
Edit Hosts
Open Itunes and restore to selected ipsw
ERROR 3194

Using Tiny Umbrella server
ERROR 2005

I have tried all the methods I could find to solve these errors but none work.

So can someone finally put me straight???

If I just bought an IPAD2 WIFI on 4.3.5 (therefore have no previous shsh blobs) can I JAILBREAK?

Not as things stand. You MUST update to 5.0.1 and wait. There is no other option. Make sure you save your SHSH Blobs for 5.0.1 with TinyUmbrella too for the future, but be aware they are not good to anyone at the moment.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd just like to give a shout out to all the dev's involved with this project, you guys ROCK! You do all this work without pay and on your own free time, lord knows I could never do it so thank you very much!! I hope everything is smooth from here on out so you guys can get some much deserved rest :)

sassyhael

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for giving this thread site for jailbreak. Now i know, there is still no way to jailbreak my ipad. Sad. :((

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts