What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

csrredcoat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Others who are on 4.3.3 JB can easily wait till apple does something. There is no reason for you to upgrade to 5.0.1 just now, as when 5.0.2 (or 5.1) is released you should still have a 24 hour window till apple stops signing 5.0.1 ..

I'm hoping the JB for iPad2 is released before Apple updates to a newer iOS!

So if I hold out with my jb 4.3.3. And apple releases 5.1 or 5.0.2, I will have 24 hours to get 5.0.1? How would I get 5.0.1 ? Does it mean for 24 hrs I will have the choice to get 5.0.1. Or 5.1 ?

dlo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
csrredcoat said:
So if I hold out with my jb 4.3.3. And apple releases 5.1 or 5.0.2, I will have 24 hours to get 5.0.1? How would I get 5.0.1 ? Does it mean for 24 hrs I will have the choice to get 5.0.1. Or 5.1 ?

I don't believe you will have a choice. I think you would need to download the 5.01 IWSP from somewhere and install it within 24 hours or your chance of being on 5.01 are gone.

5.0.1 is already out for the ipad2 what I have done and recommend many to do is to plug your iPad into your computer. Your iTunes should say that there is a new patch out for your iPad 5.0.1. Choose the download only option. This prevents the massive rush to get 5.01 that may happen when 5.02 or 5.1 is released. As soon as you have the 5.01 patch you don't need to worry about the rush and be assured that you just need to install the patch.

Hope that helps!

Edit: someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my iPad 2 White 32GB WiFi using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just want to throw out this caution and reminder...

Please don't start thinking in terms of time, specifically, of a 24-hour window. We will not know how long the window will be open before iOS 5.0.1 is gone. It could be 24 hours, it could be 48, 72, 5 or 12 1/2 hours.

The point is, no one knows the length of the signing window - but Apple. So, please, do not base any of your decisions on when/if to upgrade on an arbitrary timeframe.

Marilyn

jmccamb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would try using the iPad normally. It's actually more enjoyable, speaking as a former jailbreaker. This is my opinion however.

Kenilik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5.0.1 is already out for the ipad2 what I have done and recommend many to do is to plug your iPad into your computer. Your iTunes should say that there is a new patch out for your iPad 5.0.1. Choose the download only option. This prevents the massive rush to get 5.01 that may happen when 5.02 or 5.1 is released. As soon as you have the 5.01 patch you don't need to worry about the rush and be assured that you just need to install the patch.

I don't think this will work. When 5.1 /5.02 comes out iTunes will no longer give you the choice of installing 5.0.1 even if you have it downloaded.

I'd suggest a safer approach would be to go to f4780y's most excellent sticky and download the 5.0.1 ipsw and keep it somewhere handy (mine is glaring at me from my desktop!). As soon as 5.1 / 5.0.2 is released you should have 24hours to install it. To do that you connect your iPad to iTunes, hold down shift and click the "Update" button. iTunes will allow you to select the 5.0.1 ipsw file and install it IF you're within the Apple window for continuing to sign 5.0.1.

If you miss the window (see Marilyn's warning!) chances are you're stuck on the 4.3.3 JB until iOS6! :(

csrredcoat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kenilik said:
I don't think this will work. When 5.1 /5.02 comes out iTunes will no longer give you the choice of installing 5.0.1 even if you have it downloaded.

I'd suggest a safer approach would be to go to f4780y's most excellent sticky and download the 5.0.1 ipsw and keep it somewhere handy (mine is glaring at me from my desktop!). As soon as 5.1 / 5.0.2 is released you should have 24hours to install it. To do that you connect your iPad to iTunes, hold down shift and click the "Update" button. iTunes will allow you to select the 5.0.1 ipsw file and install it IF you're within the Apple window for continuing to sign 5.0.1.

If you miss the window (see Marilyn's warning!) chances are you're stuck on the 4.3.3 JB until iOS6! :(

Thanks! So just to clarify, i can keep my 4.3.3 JB. Download 5.0.1 ipsw. Wait for the 5.0.1 JB, install 5.0.1 within 24hrs. Then I'm good to go. Thanks again.

iRager

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I would like to add a little warning to those who choose to stay jailbroken until the iOS 5 jb is officially released...

If Apple do happen to release a new firmware before the jb is released, then you must update before the signing window for 5.0.1 is closed if you want the chance for a jailbroken iPad 2 on iOS 5!

PinkPrincess

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here are some news about the current work on the A5 research.

@planetbeing escaped from the sandbox with the help of @saurik. Thanks to their awesome work, there should be nothing left blocking for the A5 jailbreak.

Now it should be a matter of days. Still no precise ETA of course.

We all want this to be finished ASAP, we're getting tired!

~pod2g

Last edited by a moderator:

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4 days! Next monday I guess should be released, based on time they took to prepare A4 Jailbreak

Rushh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have started the process of backing up etc, now it seems that it is only a matter of time.
Although by the looks of it , the JB could easily be released before an update from Apple, so i am still holding on to be 4.3.3 JB.!

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I find it amusing how people come to the conclusion of 4 days? :p

Sent from my iPad 2 white 64 gb (ios 5.0.1) using iPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts