What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope Apple takes their sweet time with 5.0.2; I'm on 4.3.3 and Jailbroken but won't update until the devs release a JB for iOS 5 which means I may miss out but at least I'll still have a JB.

eondrake17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
I hope Apple takes their sweet time with 5.0.2; I'm on 4.3.3 and Jailbroken but won't update until the devs release a JB for iOS 5 which means I may miss out but at least I'll still have a JB.

Lucky for you.. Im already in ios501. And waiting..:)

eondrake17

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wohoooooooo.. I see bright lights... I have checked pod2gs blog... Hopefully within a week for A5 devices!!!! Lets pray for this one guys!!!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
“@pod2g: I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.”

just announced seconds ago...

glassheart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
“@pod2g: I made a step today for the A5. With some luck we could expect a release in a week.”

just announced seconds ago...

Nice!!! Im soooooo excited

okkim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And just few minutes ago:

"@pod2g: Yes, upgrade your 4S and iPad 2 to 5.0.1."

I did it yesterday, just in case :)

Last edited:

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to clarify about downgrading. I am on iOS 4.33 just now and jail broken I have my blobs all saved and am looking to upgrade to iOS 5.01, my problem is that my iPad2 is 3G(gsm). I was under the impression that it was only the CDMA version that had issues downgrading from iOS 5 to 4.xx. From reading this thread though it does state ipad2 3G users can not downgrade to 4.xx
My question is - if I upgrade to ios5 now will I be able to downgrade to 4.33?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to clarify about downgrading. I am on iOS 4.33 just now and jail broken I have my blobs all saved and am looking to upgrade to iOS 5.01, my problem is that my iPad2 is 3G(gsm). I was under the impression that it was only the CDMA version that had issues downgrading from iOS 5 to 4.xx. From reading this thread though it does state ipad2 3G users can not downgrade to 4.xx
My question is - if I upgrade to ios5 now will I be able to downgrade to 4.33?

The first post is the only post you should read for the facts. It states that 3G GSM owners are able to downgrade to 4.3.3 provided they have saved blobs using TinyCFW. See the tutorial here - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-restore-4-3-3-ipad2-3g-saved-shsh-blobs.html

iPad2 CDMA owners are the only ones who CANNOT use this method.

Stevelamont

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I must have read that 3 times and miss read the post. Sorry to ask although I wanted to be certain. Good thread you have here. I think I will upgrade as I have nothing to worry about really. What is your point of view on the A5 devices being jailbroken on ios5? A matter of time is what I'm hoping for. The time scale doesn't bother me as its a free service, just wanted your view on the actual possibility of the exploit being found?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Yeah I must have read that 3 times and miss read the post. Sorry to ask although I wanted to be certain. Good thread you have here. I think I will upgrade as I have nothing to worry about really. What is your point of view on the A5 devices being jailbroken on ios5? A matter of time is what I'm hoping for. The time scale doesn't bother me as its a free service, just wanted your view on the actual possibility of the exploit being found?
The exploit has already been found I think, it's just a case of making everything work with it. Pod2g seems confident on it happening soon, and if he is happy then I am ecstatic!!

prodhprod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm worried about updating inthe future accidentally the iOS and loose the jailbreak. Apart from disable automatic updates in iTunes, do you do something else?

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
prodhprod said:
I'm worried about updating inthe future accidentally the iOS and loose the jailbreak. Apart from disable automatic updates in iTunes, do you do something else?

Once your iPad is jailbroken, there will be a tweak to remove the "Software update" option in settings. @iH8sn0w is working on that (not sure about that).

EDIT: Found his tweet!

iH8sn0w (@iH8sn0w)
28-12-11 01:04
Can anyone spot the changes? :) -- http://twitpic.com/7zhyqh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts