What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wouldn't worry too much about getting 5.0, since many users are claiming battery issues with 5.0(mostly iP4S)..... 5.0.1 beta 1 was released to address a few fixes, MTG, etc....and 5.0.1 beta 2 right after with more fixes, etc......Now Pod2G a well known jail breaker tweeted this
Hey jailbreaking friends, I've found a bug that can untether iOS 5. Don't expect a release soon, but I'm gonna work hard in it.

and he announced that after 5.0.1 betas was already out, with no other mentions about specifically getting 5.0.....the way comex instructed the community to do.

If 5.0 can be untethered, i don't see an issue with the later versions not being able to, atleast not 5.0.1, maybe something newer to patch whatever jailbreak is released.

Edit: after i posted this, a certain tweet was announced to go sit on 5.0 to be safe, do it at your own will.

Last edited:

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good that I read this in time (do I?), so I should update to iOS 5 now.
iOS 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs saved, I can go back anytime. :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good that I read this in time (do I?), so I should update to iOS 5 now.
iOS 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs saved, I can go back anytime. :)

to my understanding, the 2 betas are set to expire dec 14th, so we don't know when apple will release an update.....even if apple releases an update today(instigating),........use option(mac)/shift(pc) + restore(in iTunes) and point to a downloaded 5.0 .ipsw(you manually downloaded) into iTunes to get 5.0 instead of 5.0.1, before the signing window closes for 5.0.

in other words, no need to panic till apple releases an update for sure......in which this forum can guide people on what to do(although it is written already).

only reason to update right now, is if you don't wanna miss the signing window, by not being able to(out of town).

Last edited:

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
to my understanding, the 2 betas are set to expire dec 14th, so we don't know when apple will release an update.....even if apple releases an update today(instigating),........use option(mac)/shift(pc) + restore(in iTunes) and point to a downloaded 5.0 .ipsw(you manually downloaded) into iTunes to get 5.0 instead of 5.0.1, before the signing window closes for 5.0.

in other words, no need to panic till apple releases an update for sure......in which this forum can guide people on what to do(although it is written already).

only reason to update right now, is if you don't wanna miss the signing window, by not being able to(out of town).

I've updated to iOS 5 that way.
December 14th?? That's still more than a month away! Does that mean the signing window will not close till december 14th?
In that case I'd rather downgrade again :p

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have not updated to iso5, am still on 4.3.3 jb, can i download and save ios5 file and save before apple replaces it

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not updated to iso5, am still on 4.3.3 jb, can i download and save ios5 file and save before apple replaces it

you can, but when you eventually want to install it, it connects to apple servers before flashing it so it won't really matter whether you have it or not. it's a question of whether apple lets you flash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts