What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Source code for jailbreakme.com/star points to this site:

http://www.w3.org/2000/

But you can't load it unless you have a username and password...

Dude, no offence, but a h4cker you are not. w3.org is not some secret site where Comex hides his files... You are embarrassing yourself, but please don't post any more about what you think you have found in the jbme source code...

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Source code for jailbreakme.com/star points to this site:

http://www.w3.org/2000/

But you can't load it unless you have a username and password...

hehe, you are wasting your time. He does not have the pages linking to anything yet. The MarkerFelt-Thin.ttf is just a font, go to your C:/windows/fonts and you will see a TON of other .ttf files. As for the other link just go to www.w3.org , it's simply a site for coding and standards.

I know the jailbreakme 3.0 doesn't have anything linking yet but I'm looking at 2.0

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets get more popcorn and hold on tight... Lol

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had a chat with @paulpols you may know him.
He advised all iPad 2 3G users to stay away from the JB for a few days because of this buggy kernel stuff. He said it can mess with tweaks including mobile substrate and cause a restore, meaning if it happens and we need to restore while apple have 4.3.4 released we 3G owners are screwed :(

How about those of us who have WiFi iPad 2's..do we have to worry about this kernel issue too or no

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dude, no offence, but a h4cker you are not. w3.org is not some secret site where Comex hides his files... You are embarrassing yourself, but please don't post any more about what you think you have found in the jbme source code...

Ha you burst the poor guy's bubble, he thought he found some cool secret stuff...

My bubble is not bursted ;)

I always take note of EVERYTHING no matter even if it is barely relevant
...which this is somehow

the files are stored somewhere on the internet so it has to be possible to find them :p

dinobravo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had a chat with @paulpols you may know him.
He advised all iPad 2 3G users to stay away from the JB for a few days because of this buggy kernel stuff. He said it can mess with tweaks including mobile substrate and cause a restore, meaning if it happens and we need to restore while apple have 4.3.4 released we 3G owners are screwed :(

Dude have you read any of these posts???

Youre not screwed you can restore to 4.3.3 at any time so long as you have your shsh for that firm saved and you can do it as many times as you'd like. You would ONLY be screwed if you did a normal restore (which you wouldn't) and it updated your baseband which in the 4.3.4 I highly doubt will have a baseband update anyway!!! Next BB update will be with 5.0

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Youre not screwed you can restore to 4.3.3 at any time so long as you have your shsh for that firm saved and you can do it as many times as you'd like. You would ONLY be screwed if you did a normal restore (which you wouldn't) and it updated your baseband which in the 4.3.4 I highly doubt will have a baseband update anyway!!! Next BB update will be with 5.0

Have you? This was posted on pg 253 (2 pages back) by f4780y

you only have the window of opportunity up until Apple release 4.3.4 (or whatever their fix will be). After that, only wifi only iPad2 users with saved Blobs will be able to revert to 4.3.3.

So if you find the JB is buggy when you try it out and you want to revert, you should quickly restore to stock 4.3.3 whilst Apple is still signing the blobs for it. Otherwise you could be stuck for a while...

He spefically mentioned 3G users which are not in the same boat as wifi only when it comes to being able to use blobs for the iPad 2.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dinobravo6 said:
BTW in the past with a userland jailbreak apple will push out a quick fix for the exploit nothing more.

They would be foolish not to bump the baseband minor version number...

dinobravo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score

you only have the window of opportunity up until Apple release 4.3.4 (or whatever their fix will be). After that, only wifi only iPad2 users with saved Blobs will be able to revert to 4.3.3.

So if you find the JB is buggy when you try it out and you want to revert, you should quickly restore to stock 4.3.3 whilst Apple is still signing the blobs for it. Otherwise you could be stuck for a while...
He spefically mentioned 3G users which are not in the same boat as wifi only when it comes to being able to use blobs for the iPad 2.

If the baseband is updated!!! If the BB is not updated you can restore to 4.3.3 at anytime. Im not a noob and Im not guessing here!!

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK I got me a copy of 4.3.3 now to save my SHSH blogs!

Pretty sure I haven't synced my Ipad2 at home with iTunes so can I get TinyUmbrella and do this at work? I read the FAQ but it didn't seem to mention "syncing" and multiple iTunes - or does it not even use iTunes? I'm so confused and excited all at once, I need another coffee!!!

Cheers.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Touche'. Good one.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has there been an instance where Apple did not update a baseband when the update was specifically to patch the JB? I don't know, I'm just asking.

dinobravo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dinobravo6 said:
BTW in the past with a userland jailbreak apple will push out a quick fix for the exploit nothing more.

They would be foolish not to bump the baseband minor version number...

Agreed but in the past with spirit and jailbreakme when they did their first quick patch to block the ex they didnt update the BB. It wasnt for several weeks after did they again roll out another update and with that they updated the BB

dinobravo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has there been an instance where Apple did not update a baseband when the update was specifically to patch the JB? I don't know, I'm just asking.

Yes on both JB's it was not until the second update did they upgrade the BB. Again we are talking about iPhones and iPod touches here because thats when these jailbreaks were released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts