What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right AwesomeNoob, your banned from mentioning your awesomely groovy hacked ipad2 from here on in!! LOL

Done ;)

To the people who tried the leaked jailbreak and safari keeps crashing, an easy fix for it is to go to settings and clear history for safari. (fix for safari not to keep crashing that is....)

Been a non issue with me, maybe because i restarted the ipad a few times after jaibreaking it..

Can someone explain to me about this kernel driver think and how this will affect me when I jailbreak..or is this something that is not needed?

It is an important component of the jailbreak. If it is buggy then the iPad will be buggy. The kernel is the heart of the OS. If you don't ineract with it properly then things will be buggy. Perhaps this is the reason some of those already on 4.3 JB are seeing wifi issues...?...?...?

i hear it has problems with the passwords connecting to wifi hotspots.. i dunno cos i only use mine at home..
funny how ppl where saying they wouldnt download the so-called buggy beta & wait for the 'official' version.. which contains a kernel driver issue? wonder what thier stance is now??:p

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

@TheRambler

sry couldnt resist it! ;)

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Done ;)

Been a non issue with me, maybe because i restarted the ipad a few times after jaibreaking it..

i hear it has problems with the passwords connecting to wifi hotspots.. i dunno cos i only use mine at home..
funny how ppl where saying they wouldnt download the so-called buggy beta & wait for the 'official' version.. which contains a kernel driver issue? wonder what thier stance is now??:p

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

@TheRambler

sry couldnt resist it! ;)

At this point is nothing but guessing that CAN contain kennel issues because the lack of testing but there is nothing that say it will be.

This is how Internet news get crazy... Lol

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:
Viewing the coding for jailbreakme.com

now I'm trying to do jailbreakme.com/star

Use firefox and instal the user agent plugin. Might need to add a custom iPad user agent to it.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Paranoia?! Half way to work then drove home to upgrade from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3!

Still a little confused regarding the 3G SHSH upgrade / downgrade even with blobs saved :eek:

m0nk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What you are referring to is a font file so that you see the cool marker like letters on the sticky. No big deal

Search is your friend. . .

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:

Use firefox and instal the user agent plugin. Might need to add a custom iPad user agent to it.

I only need to be able to see /star without being redirected

I installed user agent

Don't find anything interesting but I'll look through the source code again

Last edited:

Jaelthas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:

I only need to be able to see /star without being redirected

I installed user agent but now I gotta figure out how to use it... lol

Yeah, I'm trying to force it aswell.

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RE: Apple "patching" the exploit...
If I've got iOS already 4.3.3 downloaded and saved then Apple patching it doesn't affect me? Or will they somehow cripple "old" versions of the iOS?
My plan was get a copy of iOS 4.3.3 but not update just yet in case Apple has hacked Comex's twitter to fool us all into updating to a patched 4.3.3 - J/K, paranoid much? :)

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RE: Apple "patching" the exploit...
If I've got iOS already 4.3.3 downloaded and saved then Apple patching it doesn't affect me? Or will they somehow cripple "old" versions of the iOS?
My plan was get a copy of iOS 4.3.3 but not update just yet in case Apple has hacked Comex's twitter to fool us all into updating to a patched 4.3.3 - J/K, paranoid much? :)

4.3.3 IPSW file + valid SHSH blob = 98% secure (2% leway for me not being completly sure)

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had a chat with @paulpols you may know him.
He advised all iPad 2 3G users to stay away from the JB for a few days because of this buggy kernel stuff. He said it can mess with tweaks including mobile substrate and cause a restore, meaning if it happens and we need to restore while apple have 4.3.4 released we 3G owners are screwed :(

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Source code for jailbreakme.com/star points to this site:

http://www.w3.org/2000/

But you can't load it unless you have a username and password...

hehe, you are wasting your time. He does not have the pages linking to anything yet. The MarkerFelt-Thin.ttf is just a font, go to your C:/windows/fonts and you will see a TON of other .ttf files. As for the other link just go to www.w3.org , it's simply a site for coding and standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts