What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sati747

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question about the jb and iOS please. My link to download shows iOS versions for iPad 2, iPad 2,2 and iPad 2,3. I googled but can't find any info on how to find out which "version" I have. I bought my iPad 2 about a month after release in Australia if that's relevant? Thanks.

2.1 wifi only

2.2 wifi + 3G GSM

2.3 wifi + 3G CDMA

Hope this helps

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Quick question about the jb and iOS please. My link to download shows iOS versions for iPad 2, iPad 2,2 and iPad 2,3. I googled but can't find any info on how to find out which "version" I have. I bought my iPad 2 about a month after release in Australia if that's relevant? Thanks.

Click on settings then click on general then click on about......halfway down is your version

MonoJoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sati747 said:
2.1 wifi only

2.2 wifi + 3G GSM

2.3 wifi + 3G CDMA

Hope this helps

Perfect, and so simple once you know how LOL. Thanks! I have wifi only so I'll get the one labelled 2, since it's obviously not 2,2 or 2,3.

Cheers
Monojoker
Waiting patiently now :)

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me about this kernel driver think and how this will affect me when I jailbreak..or is this something that is not needed?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me about this kernel driver think and how this will affect me when I jailbreak..or is this something that is not needed?

It is an important component of the jailbreak. If it is buggy then the iPad will be buggy. The kernel is the heart of the OS. If you don't ineract with it properly then things will be buggy. Perhaps this is the reason some of those already on 4.3 JB are seeing wifi issues...?...?...?

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The point is that this jailbreak (when it should appear soon) has not been thoroughly tested, so (after installation) you could encounter some minor problems or some major problems.

It's yours to decide to take the chance on no or minor problems, or to wait a couple of days to see if everything turns out ok.

When you decide to take the chance and do the jailbreak, and some major problems turn out, it could be that Apple has releas ed a newer firmware and you have to load that newer firmware (without possibility to jailbreak again MAYBE).

So be wise in your decision :).

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pcmarcel said:
The point is that this jailbreak (when it should appear soon) has not been thoroughly tested, so (after installation) you could encounter some minor problems or some major problems.

It's yours to decide to take the chance on no or minor problems, or to wait a couple of days to see if everything turns out ok.

When you decide to take the chance and do the jailbreak, and some major problems turn out, it could be that Apple has releas ed a newer firmware and you have to load that newer firmware (without possibility to jailbreak again MAYBE).

Why just not restore 4.3.3?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What every you decide to do, download TinyUmbrella and save your blobs :) See the sticky at the top of the hacking page, f4780y put together some great info there.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Yes, but you only have the window of opportunity up until Apple release 4.3.4 (or whatever their fix will be). After that, only wifi only iPad2 users with saved Blobs will be able to revert to 4.3.3.

So if you find the JB is buggy when you try it out and you want to revert, you should quickly restore to stock 4.3.3 whilst Apple is still signing the blobs for it. Otherwise you could be stuck for a while...

demonknight9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pcmarcel said:

Sent from my iPad using iPF
good point. that's why comex has asked people to save the 4.3.3 shsh so if a problem occurs you can restore back to 4.3.3

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you go to http://www.jailbreakme.com/MarkerFelt-Thin.ttf it tries to download a file.

Maybe there are other hidden files on the site : o!

Did you find that link?

And how?

Yes I did... viewed the source of the page tried to see if there's anything that's hidden on the page

Trying to look at jailbreakme.com/star source but it keeps redirecting me to jailbreakme.com/star/faq.html

I think if I can look at the source of it I might be able to see what server the page connects to to download the jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts