What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What are current users with a jailbroken device doing? I am staying on 4.3 until it is confirmed that everything is ok.

Iraptor, I see your point and agree that it is still a great device. But to have a Ferrari and be forced to drive it at 50 kmh max is not a great feeling.

im staying on 4.3 too- after all i got my 4.3.3 blobs safed :p

BTW good analogy with the car lol

Sent from my JAILBROKEN Ipad2 64gb wifi only model (4.30) :D

blobs aren't really useful if you have the 3G ipads yes?

justix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder..I have the 4.3 (WiFi) and also have the 4.3.3 firmware saved on my HD..would I be able to upgrade or restore (shift+firmwre) easy without going through itunes servers download? would that be easy for the next Jailbreak?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder..I have the 4.3 (WiFi) and also have the 4.3.3 firmware saved on my HD..would I be able to upgrade or restore (shift+firmwre) easy without going through itunes servers download? would that be easy for the next Jailbreak?

Yes, if you have the firmware you simply shift-update or shift-restore as necessary. Remember, if you are ALREADY jailbroken on 4.3 you must use DFU Mode and shift-restore, otherwise it will fail.

There is a sticky on how to achieve DFU Mode if you are unsure.

Aenea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An hour ago I got all excited! My alarm went off! The site had changed!

And yep, the site did change, for a couple of seconds and then changed back, grmpf :(

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blobs aren't really useful if you have the 3G ipads yes?

Correct, but in the future if a bootrom exploit is found as we all hope it will, blobs you save today may be of great use!

okay thanks! still leaves me the dilemma of whether I should stay on 4.3 or switch to 4.3.3. What would f4780y do?

m0nk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I apologize if my offer to assist with ipsw downloads is perceived poorly. I am not promoting anything except a decent piece of software. I do not endorse any specific websites or companies, I support developers and the great work they do!!!

If comex ever reads this forum, he gets a huge thanks from me.

iCuiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JailbreakMe 3.0 Compatibility

Apparently for the time being, JailbreakMe 3.0 will ONLY WORK for iOS 4.3.3! ~ dont pomote other blogs / forums when this news is already covered here very recently ~

Last edited by a moderator:

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New saurik Tweet

saurik Jay Freeman (saurik)
(In fact, @comex is in /such/ a hurry that his new jailbreak will have a poorly tested kernel driver in it. :( I'd wait a week to use it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts