What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
I don't understand ppl who CAN jailbreak, but don't- for a beta it is remarkably stable, I have NOT had any issues what-so-ever. Ive sold my JAILBROKEN iPad 1 cos there was no difference, apart from the extra horsepower im getting now!

Wost comes to worse, just update when the 'official' jailbreak is released from the 'beta'- I'm glad I did it & having a blast! :D

The only reason why I'm still here is because I have NOT saved my blobs at 3.4.0 & looking to save the 4.3.3 blob ASAP when comex jailbreak is officially out.

Just a side note, when I'm in cydia menu it actually says: SHSH IOS 4.3.3- the jailbreak gotta be imminent at that firmware :)

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only model (3.40) :D

You can save your 4.3.3 blobs now mate using tinyumbrella, in fact that's the only one you can save now. You can only save the one that apple is signing at the moment which is 4.3.3

dn1234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason why I'm still here is because I have NOT saved my blobs at 3.4.0 & looking to save the 4.3.3 blob ASAP when comex jailbreak is officially out.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. You're obviously on 4.3 and maybe you didn't save your 4.3 SHSH in time (I didn't either), so neither of us could downgrade back to 4.3 once we upgrade. However, you don't have to wait to save your 4.3.3 SHSH, TinyUmbrella will do that for you now. You don't have to have that firmware installed to save the SHSH for it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Not sure I understand what you're saying. You're obviously on 4.3 and maybe you didn't save your 4.3 SHSH in time (I didn't either), so neither of us could downgrade back to 4.3 once we upgrade. However, you don't have to wait to save your 4.3.3 SHSH, TinyUmbrella will do that for you now. You don't have to have that firmware installed to save the SHSH for it.

And also, Cydia is telling you it has already saved your 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs. That's what the message at the top of the screen means!

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be just my luck that apple will release 4.3.4 and I will need a factory restore :'(

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only reason why I'm still here is because I have NOT saved my blobs at 4.3.0 & looking to save the 4.3.3 blob ASAP when comex jailbreak is officially out.

Yea, my bad. Suppose i was trying to say i am axiously waiting for the 'official' jailbreak 4.3.3 too, Even though im jailbroken right now, if i ever happen to lose my 4.30 firmware- then i will lose my jailbreak too!!!!

At least now that i have saved 4.3.3 blob, im covered....at least when the 4.3.3 jailbreak is finally released..

Also where is musclenerd or bile these days? long time no hear...

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (4.30) :D

Last edited:

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Yea, my bad. Suppose i was trying to say i am axiously waiting for the 'official' jailbreak 4.3.3 too, Even though im jailbroken right now, if i ever happen to lose my 3.40 firmware- then i will lose my jailbreak too!!!!

At least now that i have saved 4.3.3 blob, im covered....at least when the 4.3.3 jailbreak is finally released..

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

Ok.. Once again... There's no 3.4 for ipad2!!!!! You most probably have 4.3.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Yea, my bad. Suppose i was trying to say i am axiously waiting for the 'official' jailbreak 4.3.3 too, Even though im jailbroken right now, if i ever happen to lose my 3.40 firmware- then i will lose my jailbreak too!!!!

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only (3.40) :D

Ok.. Once again... There's no 3.4 for ipad2!!!!! You most probably have 4.3.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

see edit :eek:

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those that have the option should deffinitely jb. I did on Saturday shortly after a stream of early adopters tested and do not regret it at all.

The only thing I know now is that I am not buying an ios device again until a jb is available.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those that have the option should deffinitely jb. I did on Saturday shortly after a stream of early adopters tested and do not regret it at all.

The only thing I know now is that I am not buying an ios device again until a jb is available.

I dont understand while people say this.

The iPad 2 cost 500-870 (or whatever the max one was) on March 11th. If the jailbreak comes out on july 7th, it will cost... 500-870.

Why not have a great device for an extra 4 months? I'm anxiously awaiting the jailbreak, but I still use it every day regardless.

What, would you have waited for the iPad 3 if you had known it would take this long? But wait, youd have no idea when that would be jailbroken.

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The iPad 2 cost 500-870 (or whatever the max one was) on March 11th. If the jailbreak comes out on july 7th, it will cost... 500-870.

Why not have a great device for an extra 4 months? I'm anxiously awaiting the jailbreak, but I still use it every day regardless.

What, would you have waited for the iPad 3 if you had known it would take this long? But wait, youd have no idea when that would be jailbroken.

I know this is a point of disagreement but I feel the same way. If Apple doesn't back down on the anti-jailbreak sentiment, this is my last iDevice. Fingers crossed for android/meego/windows 8 catching up.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you were seriously considering other devices that would make sense I guess, but Ive seen people who seem deadset on having the iPad 2 suggest theyd wait for the jailbreak and thats the sentiment I just don't get.

Granted the guy I replied to may also not have been set on getting an ipad 2 at some point.

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
I don't understand ppl who CAN jailbreak, but don't- for a beta it is remarkably stable, I have NOT had any issues what-so-ever. Ive sold my JAILBROKEN iPad 1 cos there was no difference, apart from the extra horsepower im getting now!

Wost comes to worse, just update when the 'official' jailbreak is released from the 'beta'- I'm glad I did it & having a blast! :D

Just a side note, when I'm in cydia menu it actually says: SHSH IOS 4.3.3- the jailbreak gotta be imminent at that firmware :)

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64gb wifi only model (3.40) :D

If your on a firmware that apple is no longer signing blobs for, you can use iFaith to save the blobs of the firmware your on.
Edit: sorry, I forgot it's not compatible with the iPad2 yet..
iLoveMyiPad2!

Last edited:

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:

Agreed and I think the thing to do is keep your old device until you have a jailbreak for the new one, if your that dead set on a jailbreak.

It's not the best idea to wait, in a fee weeks you may not be able to even but a new iPad with 4.3.3 installed and then you have to wait all over again. Better to be an early adopter and get as low a firmware as possible

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D_LA_ROC said:
If your on a firmware that apple is no longer signing blobs for, you can use iFaith to save the blobs of the firmware your on.

iLoveMyiPad2!

I believe that only works for devices other than the iPad 2 mate.

Thinks may have changed since the jailbreak though. Can someone confirm?

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aftershock said:
I believe that only works for devices other than the iPad 2 mate.

Thinks may have changed since the jailbreak though. Can someone confirm?

Sorry, I forgot that it's not compatible. Maybe after the jailbreak iH8sn0w will update it.

iLoveMyiPad2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts