What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Well tried to update my iPad to 4.3.3 from 4.3.2 and I'm unable too, it downloads software, extracts software....then when it tries to validate with apple it comes up with a 3194 error....I haven't tried JBing it...I just wondered if maybe Apple were stopping updates to 4.3.3.......just me being daft probably ;-)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
in most peoples eyes, i might look like a noob, but i did read every post since the leak(did not miss 1), and is very informed on what was posted, and wouldn't re-post uselessly, but hey i'm not new to jail-breaking, i currently have in my household iOS devices - 2 iphone3G, 2 iphone4, an ipod touch3rd, ipad2 and ipad1, jailbroken by me, except ipad2 since i have the 64g 3G on 4.3, i might be anxious for the ipad2 jailbreak, but i have an ipad1 jailbroken.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, if iTunes downloads 4.3.3, you will be able to verify 4.3.3. Apple only stops verifying 4.3.3 when there is a newer version out~ example being 4.3.4.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well tried to update my iPad to 4.3.3 from 4.3.2 and I'm unable too, it downloads software, extracts software....then when it tries to validate with apple it comes up with a 3194 error....I haven't tried JBing it...I just wondered if maybe Apple were stopping updates to 4.3.3.......just me being daft probably ;-)

This is why we emphasize the SEARCH function of this forum. A search, using the terms "error 3194" (or "3194 error") would have revealed this: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html. Take a look at this sticky, TheRambler and see if it'll solve your problem.

And no, most of the "back on topic" requests are because of the posts that add no value or re-post the same info over and over (and no, the excuse that the poster did not want to read 2000+ posts is NOT an excuse).

Or, people ask questions on topics that are already covered in other threads, such as this comment/question that I am addressing here.

I sympthize with those who have to read all these off-topic posts. So, again, another plea to the participants in this thread: Make sure your comment adds value to the discussion and is not merely a repeat/re-hash. And, if you have a question - SEARCH before you speak.

Thanks.

Marilyn

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just rebooted iPad and PC and tried again.......got the same message.....should I do a system restore on my iPad or am I worrying for no reason?!?!

I had the same issue. There are 2 checkboxes under "Advanced" I think that need to be unchecked before itunes will update.

Request SHSH from Cydia, and Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit...

Apply changes, restart Itunes and try to update. This worked for me.

Last edited:

Aenea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
Yep... ;)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Then it might work for you as well, it's a couple of lines of C code so you need GCC installed and wget and play, I can PM you the source if you want....

dinobravo6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
something on idb.

google how to jailbreak your ipad 2 right now
try to get Ryan vanniekerk blog.

reason for this, not sure if i can add the link.

Just a warning, no more links to the leaked jailbreak. We've covered that to death...
There's a reason we don't let n00bs post links. Read our rules before you post anything please.

There really needs to be some better consistency about what is on topic and what isn't on topic in this thread. It seems like any noob that posts some info or asks a question is flamed or reprimanded for being off topic (when in all reality they seem to be the most on topic), yet "Seasoned" member a can constantly fill up the thread with one word posts to drive up there thread count or some unrelated dribble about how many kernels of popcorn they cooked up.

I've followed this thread since page 23, but have not posted because I did not have any thing of value to offer, I fail to see why any noob would post any question or comment on here for fear of being ostracized. I will probably get reprimanded for pointing this out or worse, but hey that is just my 2cents worth.

I have to agree!! I have been following this thread since 6-11 when I got my ipad 2 figuring this would be a good source for release info. I am far from a noob and at risk of breaking the forum rules and naming a few different sites which I am a senior member and trouble shooter of, I wont. I have been jailbreaking for the last 2 years and am very proficient at this point with all aspects considering I have modded, tweaked and JB'en well over 100 devices.

I understand those that are new to this and ask what some feel is a ridiculous question (me being one) simply because this is the first device that they have jailbroken or going to jailbreak and it can be a bit confusing at the beginning. Heres a tip try using Google people its amazing what one can learn/find within a few minutes without being lazy, or even read a thread instead of asking a question which in almost every case in this one was answered two or three post back!! That being said, and I say this with due respect to others, I in the last 3 weeks feel like on a daily basis I am reading a JR high schools blog if you will. There is more conjecture, whining, name calling and useless banter then I have ever seen in one thread in my life!!

I have read page after page of the Mods telling these guys the same thing page after page after page and still no change, frankly its unreal!! Go back to June 11 and take a look how many times the Mod has asked to stop posting the same thing or to stay on topic, or even worse there’s something new on jailbreakme.com page (that one for about a week and a half is half the post alone!!) I'd guess its been over 30 times in 3 weeks. Embarrassing. Mods you have more patience then I have ever seen in a forum kudos to you for what you guys do!!

I'm sure i will get blasted for this, which doesnt make a difference to me, but I just felt like after days of wanting to respond to some of the most petty juvenile sh*t today was the day because I couldnt agree with this guy more.

For what its worth, thats my rant, I apologize to those who dont fit within this criteria. I look forward to the JB, I appreciate the work done by Comex, I appreciate the Mods for doing what they do and for the small handful that actually had something to contribute to this thread.

Last edited:

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aenea said:
Then it might work for you as well, it's a couple of lines of C code so you need GCC installed and wget and play, I can PM you the source if you want....

That would be great... Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk

This is why we emphasize the SEARCH function of this forum. A search, using the terms "error 3194" (or "3194 error") would have revealed this: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-how-resolve-itunes-unknown-error-3194-a.html. Take a look at this sticky, TheRambler and see if it'll solve your problem.

And no, most of the "back on topic" requests are because of the posts that add no value or re-post the same info over and over (and no, the excuse that the poster did not want to read 2000+ posts is NOT an excuse).

Or, people ask questions on topics that are already covered in other threads, such as this comment/question that I am addressing here.

I sympthize with those who have to read all these off-topic posts. So, again, another plea to the participants in this thread: Make sure your comment adds value to the discussion and is not merely a repeat/re-hash. And, if you have a question - SEARCH before you speak.

Thanks.

Marilyn

I had searched and done the above......but apparently I hadn't pressed apply.....Doh!! SORRY!!!

Let this be a lesson to all noobs ha ha

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So how long does it take to upload files onto the server? I figured it would already be out right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts