What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question, since I'm new to jailbreaking: should we give the iDevice a full charge previous to jailbreaking? I know it's usually encouraged when flashing custom ROMs on android phones.

Full charge is not necessary, but it should have some charge at least! You cannot brick an iPad if it were, for example, to run out of battery during the process, however don't run the JB if you have 3% battery remaining! A bit of common sence is all that is required...

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as its powered up for a minute to jailbreak it doesn't matter. They just tell people to charge it or plug it in because if it ran out of batteries while editing system files it would force a complete restore.

As long as you have a decent charge you are fine but hey if its between sitting there not charging and charging.. cant hurt =p

mynameiserich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Crazyjackson said:
I doubt this jailbreak is ever going to come out.

Comex clearly states that he's working on it and it's coming out soon. Maybe you just have too many doubts.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
something on idb.

google how to jailbreak your ipad 2 right now
try to get Ryan vanniekerk blog.

Last edited:

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt this jailbreak is ever going to come out.

I already said that. it's a;most there and it has been almost there for a long time.

Yeah... I think Comex is doing it for publicity. I think he's going to plan for something to happen and then cancel the jailbreak because he hasn't actually jailbroken 4.3.3... that way it doesn't look like he failed at it.

I think if there was a 4.3.1+ jailbreak it would've came out long before now.

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why was everyone saying sunday is funday?? We r thuesday and still no JB n.n

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are videos and forum posters confirming they were able to jailbreak 4.3.3 from the beta files by setting up a server to point the files too to replace the one taken down. Theres no doubt comex has a 4.3.3 jailbreak.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a warning, no more links to the leaked jailbreak. We've covered that to death...
There's a reason we don't let n00bs post links. Read our rules before you post anything please.

iatros56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are videos and forum posters confirming they were able to jailbreak 4.3.3 from the beta files by setting up a server to point the files too to replace the one taken down. Theres no doubt comex has a 4.3.3 jailbreak.

I'm running 4.3 with 3G. Everything is saved with Tiny Unbrella. "When" JB hits and hopefully it's 4.3.3 with 3G I'm assuming I should immediately upgrade to 4.3.3 and then JB? Or, should I JB with 4.3 first.

Don't flame me - I've never JB before and I didn't see this listed in the stickies!! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts