What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score

kanyewesttx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know I'm a noob but Moderators should ban all these "other" noobs that do not read then post old news as new...

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I reckon and this is on a whim (so don't quote me on this) that the jailbreak will be out in time for the launch of the iPad 3! This is official as I know comex and he told me, this was also verified by his mum (who my mum knows) and his brother who works with my mate. Now you all know this you can all give up hope and just be super excited when it comes out! :)

Seriously guys this has been going on for 2 weeks now, Sunday is funday, no wait next sunday is funday, oh no it's next Sunday is funday or maybe Monday or Tuesday? I've given up on this now...

So as sweetposion says 'get your popcorn' as the old one has gone stale.

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tazzky said:
How about comex's tweet. "42"
Doesn't that mean 42hours? Or he just mistyped it and should be 24hours?lol

42. The answer to life, the universe and everything. 

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@windknown has tweeted all the details of Comex's PDF exploit, so if Apple didn't know how to fix it beforehand (I'm sure they did), the do now!

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the best thing for jailbreak devs would be not to give out any info or hints whatsoever on when jailbreaks will be available.

Damn I'd flat out deny that I was even working on one.

Geohot plays it about right on that score.

I'm curious as to your reasoning. As long as he does not disclose his coding, why does it matter Comex giving out an ETA. How does that help Apple? I see it helping settle a lot of anxiety of hundreds of thousands of people waiting on the JB. That's a lot of power for a couple of people to have.

Im just thinking that it would save him a world of cr@p that he gets on twitter off all the idiots etc mate.

Because he chooses to tweet "not long now" etc and people get worked up when it doesn't arrive as soon as whatever their definition of "not long" is.

I suppose there is some notoriety and status to be gained from being the first one to provide the jailbreak though, and they must want that otherwise to would be far easier to say nothing until it was ready.

I'm not knocking him, I'm just confused as to why they open themselves up to such a level of abuse. I suppose we should be glad they do though.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the best thing for jailbreak devs would be not to give out any info or hints whatsoever on when jailbreaks will be available.

Damn I'd flat out deny that I was even working on one.

Geohot plays it about right on that score.

I'm curious as to your reasoning. As long as he does not disclose his coding, why does it matter Comex giving out an ETA. How does that help Apple? I see it helping settle a lot of anxiety of hundreds of thousands of people waiting on the JB. That's a lot of power for a couple of people to have.

Im just thinking that it would save him a world of cr@p that he gets on twitter off all the idiots etc mate.

Because he chooses to tweet "not long now" etc and people get worked up when it doesn't arrive as soon as whatever their definition of "not long" is.

I suppose there is some notoriety and status to be gained from being the first one to provide the jailbreak though, and they must want that otherwise to would be far easier to say nothing until it was ready.

I'm not knocking him, I'm just confused as to why they open themselves up to such a level of abuse. I suppose we should be glad they do though.

Good point. It's a double edged sword, hey... :/

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think Marie like us very much. Anyway, looks like it's gonna be Wednesday fun day for me since it's already almost 10PM here.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dang, woke up a little bit earlier than normal hoping the JB frenzy had begun... guess it's going to be a some what unproductive day at work today :)

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking it'd probably be up now too, oh well I do have to do some actual work today anyway.

I bet it goes up as soon as I leave for a couple hours.

Gubi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question, since I'm new to jailbreaking: should we give the iDevice a full charge previous to jailbreaking? I know it's usually encouraged when flashing custom ROMs on android phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts