What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
lol...

I give up!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

It's the here and now instant world we live in

Kids these days...

Hey, there's not even a modem jack on the iPad for a dialup connection. Asking iPad users to be patient is like asking a Ferrari owner to obey the speed limit at all times. Ain't gonna happen...:D

tazzky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bulletbilly said:
jailbreakme.com has a post-it note saying "We'll be back soon!", I hope it's really soon!

So far, we've learned that "soon" can mean months! Lol but I think this time it will be hours. (less than 24)

iMyiPad2

How about comex's tweet. "42"
Doesn't that mean 42hours? Or he just mistyped it and should be 24hours?lol

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
The Russian guy provided some more details. The device in the video is:

MC985LL - 16Gb wifi+3g Verzion CDMA with iOS 4.3.3

The same guys reported that:
1. His iPad refused to connect to Wifi at his office (wrong password),
2. Another iPad he jailbreaked (he didn't mention the model name) had problems registering gmail account.
3. On all models - using terminal ended in white apple and restore.

He tested 4 models:

Successfully (with the bugs above) jailberaked:
MC983RS/A - 32Gb wifi+3g GSM
MC985LL - 16Gb wifi+3g Verzion CDMA
MC948LL/A - 64 Gb wifi+3G

Couldn't jailbreak:
ipad2 32Gb wifi

As we see it's totally oposite what are success stories in the western countries. Russians somehow managed to JB 4.3.3 and 3G models (but not WIFI), and the rest of the world - WIFI only running on 4.3.

I video from that Russian site I wrote earlier today.
It runs on 4.3.3 8j2 model.

You can see in the left menu "сотовые данные" which means "cellular". I have only 3G model and my iPad has this menu. But what about Wifi models? Do they have that in Settings? If no - it means that 3G model is in the video.

What do you think?

YouTube - ‪Ipad2‬‏

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just click on who hes responding to to see what he was asked. It was just how many people will ask him when it will come out within a hour, meaningless.

iTheOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
Hey, there's not even a modem jack on the iPad for a dialup connection. Asking iPad users to be patient is like asking a Ferrari owner to obey the speed limit at all times. Ain't gonna happen...:D

This one made me <chuckle>.. I never understood iPadders until I got mine..

- "non est ponenda sine necessitate" (William of Occam)

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I freely admit I am very impatient. I tried to fix that, but the resolution didn't come soon enough. No, I just couldn't break the habit.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score

It means he's 42 years old.

I'm glad I'm not so desperate about jailbreaking my iPad :)

m0nk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I briefly hijack some cheer into the thread? Ok, thx :D

Search is your friend. . .

Attachments

• image-1008069788.png
    image-1008069788.png
    865.1 KB · Views: 278

iCuiD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JailbreakMe 3.0 Will Be Out Today/Tomorrow

The iPad 2 Jailbreak (JailbreakMe 3.0) should be released today/tomorrow according to besttechinfo, check it out! :D

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to exchange my iPad 2 soon.. There is very bad bleeding (light bleed that takes up a quarter of the screen in just one spot) and I get less than 7 hours of battery life, which is being generous (I had an iPad 1 before and know what it should be)

Anyway, how long does Apple take to release these patches? I would probably die if I got an iPad 2 that I had to wait another 5 months to get a jailbreak on! The closest Apple store is 2.5 hours away and I don't want to drive that far

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to exchange my iPad 2 soon.. There is very bad bleeding (light bleed that takes up a quarter of the screen in just one spot) and I get less than 7 hours of battery life, which is being generous (I had an iPad 1 before and know what it should be)

Anyway, how long does Apple take to release these patches? I would probably die if I got an iPad 2 that I had to wait another 5 months to get a jailbreak on! The closest Apple store is 2.5 hours away and I don't want to drive that far

It varies how long they take to release them. But if you exchange your iPad it won't be shipped with 4.3.4 lol, you'll still be able to jailbreak it when you get it.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCuiD said:
The iPad 2 Jailbreak (JailbreakMe 3.0) should be released today/tomorrow according to besttechinfo, check it out! :D

Thanks, only mentioned here a zillion times.

I hope hope hope it is released soon so this thread can be locked and banished for ever and can enjoy the rest of IPF :)

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
elektrobank said:
Thanks, only mentioned here a zillion times.

I hope hope hope it is released soon so this thread can be locked and banished for ever and can enjoy the rest of IPF :)

If this thread gets closed, I'll be wandering aimlessly through other iPF threads, LOL.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

ccooluke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevbo said:

Same here with the light bleeding. Just go into an apple store, (if you live by one) and you can walk out with another same day. I need to do that tomorrow for sure.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
If this thread gets closed, I'll be wandering aimlessly through other iPF threads, LOL.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Not me - I can't wait to get stuck into the JB tweaks threads and stickys which I've been very disciplined not to look at as yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts