What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:
Except that a domains cost 10 bucks and he would just put it at another site.

There is now an email message on macrumors forum posted where comex says hes not selling jailbreakme.com and it should be up by morning.

I thought comex stated he didn't own the domain?

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engelke2011 said:
No, the site wasn't sold.

Thank you ...

Now... Source?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Comex said so in an email, the rest of the site (/star) is still there, the down message is an apple reference, the auction still had 10 days left and wasnt anywhere near the buy it now price...

He did say he didnt own it on twitter (the email claims the selling it thing was a decoy though), but in any case.. the we'll be back soon thing isnt the domain being taken over.

Comex references the post it note message on his twitter too.

Last edited:

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So do you all think the jailbreak is being uploaded as we speak..what do you all think is going on?

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that email on Macrumors too and had a long laugh.

What part had you laugh? The whole thing? Part of it?

The whole thing. The reason he gave why it was for sale, the fact he denied that the site wasn't his and now it is.

The Buy-it-now price was $5000 and that's just what the bid was this afternoon.
And now there suddenly there is a solid ETA.
So my gutt tells me there is just to much coincidence in what has happened last couple of days.

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I saw that email on Macrumors too and had a long laugh.

What part had you laugh? The whole thing? Part of it?

The whole thing. The reason he gave why it was for sale, the fact he denied that the site wasn't his and now it is.

The Buy-it-now price was $5000 and that's just what the bid was this afternoon.
And now there suddenly there is a solid ETA.
So my gutt tells me there is just to much coincidence in what has happened last couple of days.

The only thing that gets me is that now that his email has been publicized a lot, isn't there a possibility that Apple knows about this and that the alleged sale wasn't real because he wanted to throw Apple off his track? I think he gave an ETA finally for two reasons - 1) he's that close to being done and 2) to shut up those of us who keep hounding him about giving an ETA

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
... isn't there a possibility that Apple knows about this and that the alleged sale wasn't real because he wanted to throw Apple off his track?

This is what really got me lying on the floor.
Who did he think he is dealing with ?
:eek:

If this really was his tought, then I think there will never be a Comex jailbreak.

Last edited:

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant tell what you actually think happened though heh.

So are you saying you think he was lying about the domain sale and was being dumb in thinking that would help anything?

Or are you saying you think the domain is sold and the emails are fake/lies?

Or that its all just messing with people...

Whatever, give me the jailbreak and Im good.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If he wanted to throw Apple off his trail, he probably shouldn't have a twitter account, and spend as much time as he does tossing red herrings in the air with photos on his site. No, he's having a good bit of fun with this, and why not? He's doing a (relatively) selfless deed for a bunch of Ipad 2 users, power to him.

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I HOPE we have a jailbreak tomorrow by this time, and I THINK he has made some money out of selling the domain, just to be sure that he wouldn't be left empty handed after releasing the jailbreak.

Not blaming him for that in any way.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There better be a jailbreak, I don't think I can handle this much longer. So much speculation going on. I want a date to make everyone shut up!

But, if a jailbreak comes out, the mods are going to have a ton of stupid threads about jailbreaking tomorrow. :D

If it comes out, DON'T MAKE A THREAD ABOUT WHAT APPS TO DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!!! The most closed thread. Everyone makes a thread about what tweaks to get, what hacks to get, what apps to get. Come on! Search! And there are many stickies.

The search is terrible though. :) It is so picky and gives you stuff that you didn't type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts