What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's coming really soon. My reason? Just like Lakerfanalways said, it is the same stickie that Apple uses for their site - when it temporarily goes down when a new product is about to be added. It could be a few hours, maybe sooner, maybe longer. But I am feeling very optimistic again.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm thinking it's coming really soon. My reason? Just like Lakerfanalways said, it is the same stickie that Apple uses for their site - when it temporarily goes down when a new product is about to be added. It could be a few hours, maybe sooner, maybe longer. But I am feeling very optimistic again.

Me too! FINALLY this is something I Can look to and feel excited about..seriously if nothing happens with this update that he is working on I will be SO upset..this is the first time in weeks that I have felt that something really great is about to happen..now for those more tech savvy then me, how long does an upload like a jailbreak usually take?

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It could still be a few days out but it is new and looks to be a good sign... very excited! Like a little kid counting down the days to Christmas :)

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nah...don't think it's a few days out. It may not be as soon as I would like...could be hours, but not days IMHO

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wookiee2cu said:
Curious about one thing. Folks who were able to jailbreak, some reported that when they went to a different location and tried to get on another wifi they were unable to regardless if it was not locked and if they had the password for the secured ones, have you tried this?

My wifi works great. I use it at 3 different locations. It remembers them and auto connects every time I'm within the area.

iMyiPad2

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The url Jailbreakme.com is not listed on GoDaddy anymore as for sale.
So I guess it has been sold and someone has cashed :)
Wouldn't it be funny if Apple has bought it :p

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heh I doubt someone who bought it and took it down would put up the post it note that apple uses when it updates sites.

Jailbreakme 2.0 is still there at /star.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Oh heck no dont tell me that Apple bought it and put that post-it note up there LOL..you just turned my smile and turned it into a frown LOL

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Lol, I don't think the optics of "crushing the jail breaking rebels" is something Apple is trying to nurture. They're already getting enough comparisons to their OWN 1984 Super Bowl commercial. :D

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
antonio107 said:
Lol, I don't think the optics of "crushing the jail breaking rebels" is something Apple is trying to nurture. They're already getting enough comparisons to their OWN 1984 Super Bowl commercial. :D

2500$ to avoid jailbreakers? If I was apple i would hapilly pay.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Except that a domains cost 10 bucks and he would just put it at another site.

There is now an email message on macrumors forum posted where comex says hes not selling jailbreakme.com and it should be up by morning.

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a feeling it wouldn't be tonight. That would have been too perfect. I am SO glad I have an extra day off work tomorrow!

pcmarcel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
$ 5000 was the Buy-it-now price and last bid, so guess that's what has been paid.
Still peanuts for Apple to lead everybody to "the right spot" :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions