What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for my bad English.. but could anybody explain what @comex had in mind writting something about a window of two days or whatever.

The speculation is that the JB was due for release today, and the leak on Saturday has therefore given Apple 2 additional days to develop, test, and release a patch, therefore reducing the widow for jailbreakers to be safe and secure by 2 days approx. Once again, this is pure speculation.

Oh, and your English is fine!

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm keeping an open mind about the alleged email between Comex and the leaker. However, I wouldn't be surprised if it all ends up not happening. I will remain optimistic until this afternoon.

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Man I'd like to give the tutorial posted on the Russian site a go but I can barely understand it.

It also seems to require registration for some dl links but I cant get through the registration either due to the security question since it also doesn't make any sense when translated. If only there was a correctly translated tutorial.

Aenea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Regardless of the 3G issue it clearly says 4.3.3 when he boots into Cydia, so that will at least be good news for Wi-Fi only guys anyway.

I'll probably wait for the official release, but its good to see progress on the later firmwares.

However if this is true them apple will certainly try and patch it quickly.

I managed to create an account on that Russian site and downloaded the files listed there, same one, same result when you click the 8J2 pdf file (yes, that is the correct one for my iPad), Safari crashes...

I checked the network traffic, it doesn't even try to load anything, just crashes...

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aenea said:
I managed to create an account on that Russian site and downloaded the files listed there, same one, same result when you click the 8J2 pdf file (yes, that is the correct one for my iPad), Safari crashes...

I checked the network traffic, it doesn't even try to load anything, just crashes...

You're supposed to open the host file in Windows and change the IP to reroute to your PC. If someone gives me the files, I may try to write a tutorial.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Aenea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:
You're supposed to open the host file in Windows and change the IP to reroute to your PC. If someone gives me the files, I may try to write a tutorial.

I know what you are supposed to do, on linux, but I checked for traffic and it isn't trying to open anything on 4.3.3 3G ...

Probably still works on WiFi ipads with 4.3

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just having the .PDF isn't supposed to do anything. I'm fairly convinced it works for 4.3.3 wifi after looking at the thread more closely... and the instructions actually are not too complicates. But I just don't want to bother with a version that does have some bugs when the official release very well could be today.

Someone will probably do so today, but ill do it myself tonight if it appears the official release isn't coming for a bit.

Edit: oh so you did do the ip stuff? Hmm...

Aftershock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry off topic but here's a thought. You know we are all supposed to save our shsh blobs right? I'm assuming everyone has done this, but at the moment it is uncertain if you can restore a 3G ipad 2 even if you have shsh blobs saved.

If that's the case and someone accidentally updates to a fixed 4.3.4 then your buggered!

What I was wondering is has anybody successfully downgraded a 3G ipad 2?

Aenea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRaptor25 said:
Yeah just having the .PDF isn't supposed to do anything. I'm fairly convinced it works for 4.3.3 wifi after looking at the thread more closely... and the instructions actually are not too complicates. But I just don't want to bother with a version that does have some bugs when the official release very well could be today.

Someone will probably do so today, but ill do it myself tonight if it appears the official release isn't coming for a bit.

Edit: oh so you did do the ip stuff? Hmm...

I had mitm proxy running on my linux desktop and turned that that proxy on for the ipad, but no request came thru...
If it had I could have rewritten the URL to let it go to my webserver...

If you read the post closely you will also see that it is supposed to give a 403 error which ir never did on my 3g...

Reef_Shark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry off topic but here's a thought. You know we are all supposed to save our shsh blobs right? I'm assuming everyone has done this, but at the moment it is uncertain if you can restore a 3G ipad 2 even if you have shsh blobs saved.

If that's the case and someone accidentally updates to a fixed 4.3.4 then your buggered!

What I was wondering is has anybody successfully downgraded a 3G ipad 2?

As long as the firmware for the baseband (3g modem) isn't updated as well you can also downgrade a 3G model. But if Apple isn't stupid they simply update the baseband firmware as well with 4.3.4 (and so stop signing the "old" baseband version) to fix that loop hole.

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This 4.3.4 stuff is scaring me :( think I might just hit 4.3.3 from 4.3.2 :/

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KaiHD said:

Someone get this man the files lol.
Honestly I'm tired of waiting
I'll go for a buggy JB than no JB.
Besides from all the reports lately the jailbreak isn't that bad just a few issues, but nothing that sounds troubling at least to me.

I truly feel that most people would settle down if comex would just finally give an ETA. I mean he is surely close enough to provide a decently accurate ETA.

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This 4.3.4 stuff is scaring me :( think I might just hit 4.3.3 from 4.3.2 :/

Mine is with 4.3.2 as well.
I'll just wait until JB gets released. And if it will work with 3G v4.3.3 - I will update the same day (the same minute actually after seeing a proof ;) ).

I don't think Apple will release 4.3.4 and will stop signing v4.3.3 the same day @comex will release the JB. We'll have a few day window I assume.

iatros56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As long as the firmware for the baseband (3g modem) isn't updated as well you can also downgrade a 3G model. But if Apple isn't stupid they simply update the baseband firmware as well with 4.3.4 (and so stop signing the "old" baseband version) to fix that loop hole.

I guess I'm struggling why WiFi was released and not 3G for 4.3. Are they that different?

I have stayed with 4.3 as everyone has suggested and it looks like it have been for nothing.

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MUSE_iC said:
Someone get this man the files lol.
Honestly I'm tired of waiting
I'll go for a buggy JB than no JB.
Besides from all the reports lately the jailbreak isn't that bad just a few issues, but nothing that sounds troubling at least to me.

I truly feel that most people would settle down if comex would just finally give an ETA. I mean he is surely close enough to provide a decently accurate ETA.

Haha, I'm just a teenager in college, LOL. I'll be working off Google Translate though. ;) But by now, I think I'll settle for just waiting (again) if I don't get the real JB or the beta files by tomorrow morning. (My time of post: 10:55 PM, July 4, 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions