What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Question

Can I just confirm? I'm also I'm 4.3 with 3G iPad 2. Are u saying I should upgrade to 4.3.3 now? Why and how come? If they release a 4.3.4 soon can't I just upgrade to 4.3.3 manually by downloading and selecting what ispw I can install?

Also, isn't it more likely if any official jailbreak does come out it would be more likely for 4.3?

I'm confused... Thanks

iatros56

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading patiently for a couple of months now and decided to make my first post. It's amazing what has transpired over the past 24 hours. I am one of the few that kept 4.3. Unfortunately, I am still with the majority of you in that my iPad 2 has 3G and cannot be JB yet.

I have been comparing this process with the android (as I own one as well) and what they call "rooted." I know the process is very different but the overall concept is the same in that you achieve the ability to do things to the phone / tablet that you otherwise would not be able to do otherwise.

When there is a release - whether it's a leak or not - it should not support "the few" but rather the many. I don't understand why Comex needs to keep this under raps. All of the puzzles and riddles just gets the hundreds of thousands of people following him and this blog on edge. Maybe that is his intent. SHIFT - his counterpart for android - keeps his followers up to date. You can keep folks updated without giving away anything to Apple. There is nothing wrong with just giving a progress update once in a while. I have written medical programming and have set dates that don't get reached...you just extend them and provide another update.

Just my two cents....still waiting patiently for the 4.3 with 3G

Doc

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@silent assassin

Have a heart dude! We were in that position not too long ago..

Anyways have you seen how much ppl are selling their JAILBROKEN ipad2s?
Twice the original buying price on eBay!!

I love mine too much to give it away!

This is why comex NEEDS to real ease the JB for other firmwares ASAP before it gets outta hand...

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64g wifi only model 3.40)

Last edited:

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AwesomeNoob said:
Have a heart dude! We were in that position not too long ago..

Anyways have you seen how much ppl are selling their JAILBROKEN ipad2s?
Twice the origianal buying price on eBay!!

I love mine too much to give it away!

This is why comex NEEDS to real ease the JB for other firmwares..

Sent from my JAILBROKEN ipad2 64g wifi only model 3.40)

There should be a pretty good sell off rate if no jailbreak is released.. I'll keep mine regardless.. It was fine without the jailbreak, better with it..

Either way, I'm grateful to Comex for his hard work, and to the 'leaker' for his also..

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading patiently for a couple of months now and decided to make my first post. It's amazing what has transpired over the past 24 hours. I am one of the few that kept 4.3. Unfortunately, I am still with the majority of you in that my iPad 2 has 3G and cannot be JB yet.

I have been comparing this process with the android (as I own one as well) and what they call "rooted." I know the process is very different but the overall concept is the same in that you achieve the ability to do things to the phone / tablet that you otherwise would not be able to do otherwise.

When there is a release - whether it's a leak or not - it should not support "the few" but rather the many. I don't understand why Comex needs to keep this under raps. All of the puzzles and riddles just gets the hundreds of thousands of people following him and this blog on edge. Maybe that is his intent. SHIFT - his counterpart for android - keeps his followers up to date. You can keep folks updated without giving away anything to Apple. There is nothing wrong with just giving a progress update once in a while. I have written medical programming and have set dates that don't get reached...you just extend them and provide another update.

Just my two cents....still waiting patiently for the 4.3 with 3G

Doc

the reason for that is, there's no cat and mouse game for android. google is very happy to let you root your device, and increasingly, phone manufacturers are opening up to that idea too.

apple on the other hand, rules with an iron fist. the jailbreaks are patched when patchable, and hardware is updated to seal any exploits. unless apple changes its stance towards jailbreak, eventually this WILL end.

yeah yeah i know, there's no such thing as a firmware without loopholes, but there won't always be motivated and brilliant developers to do this. geohot has already quit, one day comex will too. and without these developers, the cydia store will run dry as well.

sounds rather bleak isn't it. forgive me, monday is creeping up on me. ;)

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ashtemple said:
can't I just upgrade to 4.3.3 manually by downloading and selecting what ispw I can install?

There is a good thread here that covers about SHSH Blobs. That thread will describe exactly you can't just download the proper Ipsw and upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ashtemple said:
can't I just upgrade to 4.3.3 manually by downloading and selecting what ispw I can install?

There is a good thread here that covers about SHSH Blobs. That thread will describe exactly you can't just download the proper Ipsw and upgrade.

I wasn't aware, thanks. So should I stick at 4.3 or upgrade to 4.3.3 because after reading 196 pages I'm confused...

Last edited by a moderator:

runisco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ashtemple said:

I wasn't aware, thanks. So should I stick at 4.3 or upgrade to 4.3.3 because after reading 196 pages I'm confused...

everyone should start considering updating to 4.3.3 and wait for the JB there. Because if you haven't updated to 4.3.3 and gotten the SHSH blobs for it yet and apple releases their JB fix 4.3.4 or 4.4... then you're royally.... you know what

ashtemple

iPF Noob
Reaction score
everyone should start considering updating to 4.3.3 and wait for the JB there. Because if you haven't updated to 4.3.3 and gotten the SHSH blobs for it yet and apple releases their JB fix 4.3.4 or 4.4... then you're royally.... you know what

How is being on 433 better? I do have shsh blobs for 431 and 433 already, so is that enough?

If there is a beta jailbreak for 4.3 now how sure are we that there will be one for 433?

Is everyone upgrading to 433 then? Thanks

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can i downgrade my ipad2 from 4.3.3 to 4.3 and use the pdf file that was leaked to jailbreak mine?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score

no offence but i'm sticking to 4.3 till comex tells me to move. the leak only had a 4.3 jailbreak, so the final is likely to support at least that. whether or not it will support 4.3.3 on release is not a fact as of yet.

Last edited:

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
keepitchif said:
can i downgrade my ipad2 from 4.3.3 to 4.3 and use the pdf file that was leaked to jailbreak mine?

Search button? Sticked topics? No?
Ok...

You can dowgrade now only if you are on a wifi only ipad and saved youre 4.3 blobs.

Sent from my Nexus One using iPad Forums App

keepitchif

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.3.3 to 4.3

can i downgrade ipad2 from 4.3.3 to 4.3.0 and use pdf file that was leaked to jailbreak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions