What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's simple.. It's comex work, he can tweet, brag, write about as much as he wants. Doesn't give anyone the right to steal his work.

I get that but he had to know that by posting those comments people would start snooping around and grab the files, it's just common sense. He even tweeted "maybe no one tried it".

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, @Rlobbins is a beta tester for @comex, and @Rlobbins is the one that gave @multimediawill the pdfs and then leaked them. @multimediawill is the one that said @Rlobbins said the jailbreak release time, but I can't verify this because his twitter is private.

I wonder where he got his info from about it being released tomorrow..he either is making up that time slot or he got it from somewhere

@Rlobbins is a beta tester for Comex, @multimediawill is @Rlobbin's friend, and @multimediawill tweeted it

I guess we will be seeing tomorrow if he was telling the truth or not..hopefully its the truth :)

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's simple.. It's comex work, he can tweet, brag, write about as much as he wants. Doesn't give anyone the right to steal his work.

I get that but he had to know that by posting those comments people would start snooping around and grab the files, it's just common sense. He even tweeted "maybe no one tried it".

from what comex has been tweeting about the leak, this isn't the beta he's been testing. this leaked version is some buggy early build that is now outdated. so yeah someone found a jailbreak file, but it's probably not the one he was talking about

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Can y'all handle it? 5 months of iPad 2 jailbreak nagging on this thread come down to the next 5 hours. (for me Eastern standard time)

That's if the eta is correct for once. I do hope it is since I'm on 4.3.3 and the wait is killing me lol

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why was the 4.3 one the only one leaked? Why is he even working on the 4.3 release? One would think that unless a jailbreak would work universally for all iOS versions, only the latest version would be worked on. There's not much of a point to releasing a JB for earlier versions. Are we even sure a JB for 4.3.1+ exists?

This whole iPad 2 JB thing has stunk since the beginning. Comex's jailbreaks always seem to get "leaked" and cause delays for reasons that don't really make any sense.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why was the 4.3 one the only one leaked? Why is he even working on the 4.3 release? One would think that unless a jailbreak would work universally for all iOS versions, only the latest version would be worked on. There's not much of a point to releasing a JB for earlier versions. Are we even sure a JB for 4.3.1+ exists?

This whole iPad 2 JB thing has stunk since the beginning. Comex's jailbreaks always seem to get "leaked" and cause delays for reasons that don't really make any sense.

Originally there was an exploit where one could jailbreak the ipad 2 on 4.3, but that method was patched in 4.3.1

But I don't know if it was a pdf or not

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@0xcharlie

"@comex that's amazing, I'd love to hear more details! I'd also like to hear how you lost the exploit, that sucks!"

What do you guys think this means?

Edit: nevermind he told me what he meant, he just meant that apple will be able to patch the exploit in the next firmware update.

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@0xcharlie

"@comex that's amazing, I'd love to hear more details! I'd also like to hear how you lost the exploit, that sucks!"

What do you guys think this means?

He wants to understand the details on how ASLR is defeated in the PDF and how Comex "lost" the file(s) that got leaked.

MUSE_iC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Update 1: This is regarding the tweets Will has been posting about me.

I am not a beta tester, and I do not know when the jailbreak will be released. I never told him that it would be out at a certain time on a certain day that was all Will Sayer the guy ruining my life right now."

Source:
http://ryanlobbins.com/?p=50#more-50

So Sunday might not be Funday again. No real surprise, but who knows it might come on Sunday after all if we are lucky.

EDIT: Sorry about the language I forgot that he said that.

Last edited:

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am too the point where I don't expect it at all, if it doe it's a bonus, if not I am not disappointed. I think a lot is going against ver 4.3.3 JB.

iRaptor25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Theres nothing at all going against a 4.3.3 jailbreak, Comex has said it didnt remove his exploit and he is obviously still releasing it.
As long as you save your shsh and dont upgrade there is no reason to worry, its only people who dont follow jailbreaking who might nonchalantly upgrade to a potential 4.3.4 who could lose out.

And thats if if apple does scramble the programmers to immediately do so even though iOS5 has fixed it and is not that far away, which they probably will but isnt an absolute certainty.

Actually will probably just get it to us faster if Comex really is going to go into overtime mode here and try to beat any patch... not that its a good thing that someone forced him to deal with that but its still true..

Last edited:

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know why there are some people here saying this 4.3 is unstable,buggy etc...I have been using it now for more than 12 hrs and touchwood it's as stable as my stock 4.3! I guess these are the people who are consoling themselves by saying such things whereas all those who have the jb are having fun :p

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KaiHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ozon1969 said:
Just in case there would be a release in the future, where could we find it? Jailbreakme.com?

Yesh. Keep refreshing or follow @comex on Twitter for more up-to-the-second updates.

- Sent from my BRAND-NEW iPad 2! :D

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have now installed retinapad, sbsettings, 3dboard, smartscreen, etc and no issues other than airplane mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts