What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tt335

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem, did some reading. Best reason I got is that the pdf also acts as a link to files on a remote server. So you can still download the pdf but those files on the remote server have been removed so the pdf is essentially a dead link.
Thanks, yeah I found the same thing. Wait for the official it is then.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Rlobbins, a beta tester for Comex, says the official jailbreak is supposed to come out no later then tomorrow, 7 PM EST.

I guess Sunday really is "funday"

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
@Rlobbins, a beta tester for Comex, says the official jailbreak is supposed to come out no later then tomorrow, 7 PM EST.

He is the guy responsible for the leak (despite his excuses). I'm not sure Comex would recognise him as one of his bona fide beta testers :(

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How reliable is that person because that u see the usual people on twitter with their bogus predictions about when its supposed to come out..dont want to get excited if he isnt reliable

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
He is the guy responsible for the leak (despite his excuses). I'm not sure Comex would recognise him as one of his bona fide beta testers :(

Oh? I wasn't aware the guy responsible for the leak had been identified.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

How reliable is that person because that u see the usual people on twitter with their bogus predictions about when its supposed to come out..dont want to get excited if he isnt reliable

Well, @Rlobbins is a beta tester for @comex, and @Rlobbins is the one that gave @multimediawill the pdfs and then leaked them. @multimediawill is the one that said @Rlobbins said the jailbreak release time, but I can't verify this because his twitter is private.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:

Oh? I wasn't aware the guy responsible for the leak had been identified.

Yes, @Rlobbins, a better tester for Comex, gave the files to @multimediawill who then leaked them. @Rlobbins was too scared to leak them so he had @multimediawill do it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, @Rlobbins, a better tester for Comex...

Where are you getting your information that he is a beta tester for Comex? Ryan does not state this on his blog. He states that he stole the PDF's by simply guessing where they would be... I don't think he has ever spoken with Comex.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont want to get excited
so.... calm down!

I've just had to delete one of your posts where you got over-excited and started swearing and mouthing off; and you aren't the only one.

This is one of the worst threads I have ever seen for inconsequential, worthless, juvenile and quarrelsome posts. Several people have already received warnings and/or infractions, and the patience of moderating staff is wearing thin.

If the nonsense continues, it will be closed.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I'm a little confused about is if this is such a big deal that it got leaked then why did Comex tweet about it before hand? I'm referring to his two tweets where he wrote "this website is looking pretty neat, mostly thanks to @chpwn, and I don't have any reported issues with a little beta I did" and "maybe no one tried it.". Maybe I'm reading too much into the tweets but that almost seems like a heads up that the files are sitting there. I'm not saying it's right that they went snooping and found the files I'm just a little surprised that he made those posts if it were that important.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, @Rlobbins is a beta tester for @comex, and @Rlobbins is the one that gave @multimediawill the pdfs and then leaked them. @multimediawill is the one that said @Rlobbins said the jailbreak release time, but I can't verify this because his twitter is private.

I wonder where he got his info from about it being released tomorrow..he either is making up that time slot or he got it from somewhere

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One thing I'm a little confused about is if this is such a big deal that it got leaked then why did Comex tweet about it before hand? I'm referring to his two tweets where he wrote "this website is looking pretty neat, mostly thanks to @chpwn, and I don't have any reported issues with a little beta I did" and "maybe no one tried it.". Maybe I'm reading too much into the tweets but that almost seems like a heads up that the files are sitting there. I'm not saying it's right that they went snooping and found the files I'm just a little surprised that he made those posts if it were that important.

It's simple.. It's comex work, he can tweet, brag, write about as much as he wants. Doesn't give anyone the right to steal his work.

Crazyjackson

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I wonder where he got his info from about it being released tomorrow..he either is making up that time slot or he got it from somewhere

@Rlobbins is a beta tester for Comex, @multimediawill is @Rlobbin's friend, and @multimediawill tweeted it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts