What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just wondering if you guys thought that there may never be one. But there isn't anything that isn't JB, right? I mean, eventually, there always is one, right?

Man I hope there is one for iPad 2. I know every device has been jail broken but it seems longer than any I have waited for the past few years. I already miss the little tweaks I use on a daily bases like remove BG, it kills all apps running in the multi task bar at one time. With the kids, by the time I get home from work they have used every app on the iPad in multi task bar. DOAH

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems like the 2g or 3g iPod touch also took a long time to jb. And the initial jb was tethered. A jb will come, nothing is unhackable.

And you want to know real pain... Back in those days iOS didn't have folders or multitasking so the lack of a jb was REAL painful.

Last edited:

biometrix

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been reading about and waiting for the ipad2 JB. It just strikes me funny how people in this forum can be so so so impatient. These jail breakers or in this case, comex, is doing all of us a favor by JB'ing our "must have" idevices.... and yet all some people can muster is complain about this and about that, it's taking too long or whatever.... some have even stated that they would get rid of there idevices if it's not JB'en.... it will come... and it will come soon enough... Like the "great" game software company blizzard says... "it will be ready when it's ready" now, grab an app and chill out....

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
one_crazy_dude said:
Man I hope there is one for iPad 2. I know every device has been jail broken but it seems longer than any I have waited for the past few years. I already miss the little tweaks I use on a daily bases like remove BG, it kills all apps running in the multi task bar at one time. With the kids, by the time I get home from work they have used every app on the iPad in multi task bar. DOAH

Same here. But my iPad goes everywhere I go. To work, to the store, to bed, Ect.. LOL

I let them play it once in a while.

64GB 3G White iPad

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sendbeer said:
It seems like the 2g or 3g iPod touch also took a long time to jb. And the initial jb was tethered. A jb will come, nothing is unhackable.

And you want to know real pain... Back in those days iOS didn't have folders or multitasking so the lack of a jb was REAL painful.

I don't even see a use for multitasking. It doesn't seem like anything has changed except the annoyance of closing everything all the time.

64GB 3G White iPad

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I was just wondering if you guys thought that there may never be one. But there isn't anything that isn't JB, right? I mean, eventually, there always is one, right?

Man I hope there is one for iPad 2. I know every device has been jail broken but it seems longer than any I have waited for the past few years. I already miss the little tweaks I use on a daily bases

Very informative ~ thanks. So it does seem longer. That is what I was wondering as well ~

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Comex has been working on it at least since last Aug. That's some serious time for no pay. Of course he may get some nice job offers because of it. ;)

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 jailbreak. That's what the new jailbreakme.com page shows. Each one of those commits has a date and a comment about what part he was working on at the time (more or less).

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
The iPad 2 jailbreak. That's what the new jailbreakme.com page shows. Each one of those commits has a date and a comment about what part he was working on at the time (more or less).

The iPad 2 wasn't out then.

64GB 3G White iPad

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, ok... It's a userland jb, so it's software based (doesn't really matter what device). He started on it before the iPad 2 came out. He had already used this type of exploit before and was just waiting for iPad 2 to come out. That's how he had his iPad 2 jailbroken on day 1. Just had to update it again after Apple killed how he was doing it originally. That's what has taken so long.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad 2 wasn't out then.

The jailbreak is userland and supports all devices from iPhone3G to iPad2 and all firmwares from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 because of the nature of the exploit. The fact that the iPad2 was not out is irrelevant. He was working on this jailbreak back then as soon as he found a userland exploit...

Cryptic1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyone know if it's possible/likely that Apple can release an un-jailbreakable ios?
May be worth a new thread...

LoJak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cryptic1 said:
Anyone know if it's possible/likely that Apple can release an un-jailbreakable ios?

Everything can be hacked/cracked. There are always vulnerabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts