What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what's the incentive for these guys to JB? Spite for Steve Jobs? Impress girls? It doesn't sound like there's any money in here...:D

Eventually being recognised internationally and top notch job with a massive company (Google Geohot & Facebook)

chelseaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just read this article online

Apple looks to be aggressively stepping up its efforts to curb jailbreaking with the next iOS update. According to the unofficial iPhone Dev Team blog, the iOS 5 beta has changed the way the iPhone boots, and the new authentication process will make it harder roll back to older versions of iOS. So, if you jailbreak your iPhone, and something goes wrong, Apple is effectively voiding your Get Out Of Jail Free card.

Once upon a jailbreak, if you ran into trouble and if you saved your blobs correctly, you could use iTunes to restore to a previous firmware version. Starting with iOS 5 and moving forward, everytime you boot your iPhone the authentication process will look at an authentic APTicket, which will be generated randomly. Only Apple will have the keys to sign the APTicket, and previously assigned APTickets will not work. Apple will maintain the ability to turn this functionality on or off. Some tethered jailbreak exploits occur before this authentication process occurs, so for now it appears tethered jailbreaks will remain possible.

The Dev Team considers this "a significant move on Apple's part" to combat, or at least discourage, jailbreaking, but also offers that while "there may still be ways to combat this, a beta period is really not the time or place to discuss them."

Oops

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, starting to believe he is messing with us now :(

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Attachments

• image-3680083379.png
    image-3680083379.png
    107.4 KB · Views: 268

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops said:
Ok, starting to believe he is messing with us now :(

Sent from my iPad using my fingers

Think positive n.n think its a kind of update for the site to make it easyer to upload the JB for comex :p

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skinnytjj said:
Think positive n.n think its a kind of update for the site to make it easyer to upload the JB for comex :p

I think this is more of a: hey, ive been working on this for almost a year, don't rush me!

skinnytjj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lysin said:
I think this is more of a: hey, ive been working on this for almost a year, don't rush me!

Shhh xD

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the bootstrap was the final stage of this jailbreak and he was just waiting for saurik to send it to him..usually it takes 24 hours and its been more then 24 hours so I wonder what is going on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts