What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really you don't have to look too far back in his timeline to put all the pieces together. (For example comex has already said all of that iPad2 4.3/4.3.1/4.3.2/4.3.3 data collection was for a jailbreak: Twitter / comex: @42395_skyline yeah )

I take it that means this jailbreak will work on newest iPad 2 firmware.I am SO excited!! I will send you guys a donation once this thing is up and running..u all deserve it for all of your hard work!

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Really you don't have to look too far back in his timeline to put all the pieces together. (For example comex has already said all of that iPad2 4.3/4.3.1/4.3.2/4.3.3 data collection was for a jailbreak: Twitter / comex: @42395_skyline yeah )

I take it that means this jailbreak will work on newest iPad 2 firmware.I am SO excited!! I will send you guys a donation once this thing is up and running..u all deserve it for all of your hard work!
Me too! This deserves a donation! Well done iPhone dev team :)

djflizo69

iPF Noob
Reaction score

+1 ;)

Maberib

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read the wiki page on Jailbreakme.com. What I got out of it:

PDF -> access to and overflow Freetype library -> access to and overflow IOSSurface.framework -> modify kernel.

I've been wondering: Is there anything special about the Safari PDF reader that allows it to call and exploit this library? What's special about IOS.framework that allows an overflow in it to overwrite the kernel?

I guess I'm asking if one could hide a backdoor or an overflowable buffer to an AppStore app that could replace any part of the chain.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone explain jailbreakme.com simply to me.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Last time the site was "active", you visited the site from Mobile Safari on your iPad and on the site was a "slide to jailbreak" interface that looked just like your lockscreen. When you slid, the jailbreak got applied to your device "as if by magic".
It did this by downloading a specially crafted PDF file, as it was the PDF viewer which had the exploit which could be used to jailbreak back on 3.2.1.
Apple released a patch very quickly (3.2.2) which basically just fixed this exploit.

Who knows what's in store for us this time? :)

elektrobank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It must be close, surely comex wouldn't tease if not?

Long weekend here - not to go OTT, but it would be very tidy this weekend =)

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that next Sunday will be Funday..could I be wrong..yes, but since he has made so much progress til now maybe just maybe it will be released next weekend

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say that next Sunday will be Funday..could I be wrong..yes, but since he has made so much progress til now maybe just maybe it will be released next weekend

why not tomorrow =)
and how makes u think he has made so much progress?

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

why not tomorrow =)
and how makes u think he has made so much progress?

Like I said just a guess..it could take two weeks who knows..but the sooner the better :)

OP
D_LA_ROC

D_LA_ROC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
And some bad news :( :-

iPad 2 Jailbreak Might Not be Released Till This Fall
ve
We have been waiting for iPad 2 jailbreak for so long now, there have been hopes and hopes and many ‘coming soon’ news but it seems like the jailbreak is taking ages. We waited so hard that scams started exploiting us. Remember fake iPad 2 jailbreaks and a scam? If hackers had released it some time ago, it had been all good for them as well as the users but now the situation seems to have become much complicated. iOS 5 beta is already out and Apple has not yet fixed the known jailbreak exploit by @i0n1c which made it possible to jailbreak three successive releases of iOS - 4.3.1 up to 4.3.3. If Apple does fix the exploit in some iOS 5 beta, the jailbreak for iPad 2 will be released soon after that as hackers would know that the exploit had been fixed and releasing the jailbreak won’t mean losing an exploit. If on the other hand, Apple chooses not to fix the exploit till the final iOS 5 release, hackers would keep on holding the jailbreak in a hope that it is not fixed in final iOS 5 release, making the jailbreak compatible with iOS 5 as well. I know all this is a little confusing but @i0n1c summarized it best in under 140 charecters:“Unless Apple fixes a known but not yet used kernel exploit in iOS 5.x betas I don’t think there will be an iPad 2 jb before iOS 5.0 final”
The bad news is that Apple usually does not fix such exploits in the betas in order to keep pushing the jailbreak community back. May be, we are in a little too bad situation. Seems like it is the best idea to sit back and relax till fall when iOS 5 is released. But well, if the jailbreak is released before that, you won’t miss it...

We already seen this and was talking about it 4 days ago. Not even 5 minutes before he tweeted that, he tweeted saying the greenpois0n update will only be for the iPad2 4.3. This guy just likes to tweet alot of stuff and he likes to talk alot. I think he's enjoying it too much now..

FREE MY iPAD2  COMING SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts