What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lysin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iRuthlessPad said:
so whats the status?? that was fake?? we still in WEEKS?

Without any other update I assume yes, we are still on "weeks" ...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last update p0sixninja gave was that he was sticking by his "weeks" claim and that was 2 days ago.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it was 3 weeks as of last Sunday. The did that web broadcast on Sunday where he announced the time frame.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually it was 3 weeks as of last Sunday. The did that web broadcast on Sunday where he announced the time frame.

all i saw was this:
@p0sixninja
I said a couple of weeks 4 days ago, and people are already harassing me. FML
22 May via HTC Peep

so thats May 18th

milkshake28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the iPad 2 jailbreak is not easy at all, I don't believe who says apple won, there is always a bug somewhere.

I believe that p0sixninja has done and is doing a great job by taking such responsibility. we all know that announcing the details of what's going on with this jailbreak will alarm apple to patch the exploit in the upcoming iOS.

So more patience till the iOS 5 gets released and I guess the jailbreak for iPad 2 will be available for all iOS's. Till that day comes, I'm gonna clean my iPad, turn it off and put it into a deep sleep till the jailbreak comes :D

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apparently the iPad 2 jailbreak is not easy at all, I don't believe who says apple won, there is always a bug somewhere.

I believe that p0sixninja has done and is doing a great job by taking such responsibility. we all know that announcing the details of what's going on with this jailbreak will alarm apple to patch the exploit in the upcoming iOS.

So more patience till the iOS 5 gets released and I guess the jailbreak for iPad 2 will be available for all iOS's. Till that day comes, I'm gonna clean my iPad, turn it off and put it into a deep sleep till the jailbreak comes :D

In my opinion the iPad 2 is great already without a jailbreak...
When i decided to buy my iPad 2, i never even thought about if the jailbreak was out yet. Not that I dont want the JB, but i love stream videos to my iPad and it is just so portable and amazing in general. Don't turn it off and let it to waste =)

james786

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A tethered method to jail break was reported by the iPhone Dev Team less than 24 hours after it's release. The method used requires tethering

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
james786 said:
A tethered method to jail break was reported by the iPhone Dev Team less than 24 hours after it's release. The method used requires tethering

Yes, but that was not iPad2. It was an ipt 4G, which, like the iPad1 and iPhone4, is pwnd for life and therefore "trivial" to tethered jailbreak regardless of iOS version. iPad2 will not be so easy...

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The exploit that p0sixninja is using was already patched in 4.3.1 and the jailbrake he releases is intitally only going to be for 4.3 so it doesn't matter when he releases it. Who knows when iOS 5 will be released, I guess it's already been hacked but that's only for older devices with the A4 chip.

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ReshadGP said:
Guys i have ipad2 4.3 should i update to ios 5 or no?

NO, you can always do that later, but going back to 4.3 and jailbreaking cant be done later .... wait till the jb for ios5 is released :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts