What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eivind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
holymasteric said:
In my opinion, If he hasn't finished with the jailbreak, he wouldn't bother with the website right? If so, that means the jailbreak might be done ;) what do you guys think?

Yeah, I thought so too. Would make much more sense if so.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In my opinion, If he hasn't finished with the jailbreak, he wouldn't bother with the website right? If so, that means the jailbreak might be done ;) what do you guys think?

That's kind of what I was thinking.

@Lakerfanalwasy, I googled the UIscrollview and this is the jist of it. "The UIScrollView class provides support for displaying content that is larger than the size of the application’s window. It enables users to scroll within that content by making swiping gestures, and to zoom in and back from portions of the content by making pinching gestures."

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

That's kind of what I was thinking.

@Lakerfanalwasy, I googled the UIscrollview and this is the jist of it. "The UIScrollView class provides support for displaying content that is larger than the size of the application’s window. It enables users to scroll within that content by making swiping gestures, and to zoom in and back from portions of the content by making pinching gestures."

Well that makes sense if a person needs to move that "scroll here to jailbreak" option that I remember when I used jailbreakme.com when the iPad 1 came so I think what you wrote is very informative..he is doing this because he is at the end stage of his jailbreak..hoping so that is

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He also wrote this

One alternative would be reading AdLib's JavaScript code (I have an old unminified version somewhere), but I want the real thing. 15 minutes ago via web Scrollability is nice and smooth, but the website indicates (and a quick test confirms) that it has a lot of "uncanny valley" issues.

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He also wrote this

One alternative would be reading AdLib's JavaScript code (I have an old unminified version somewhere), but I want the real thing. 15 minutes ago via web Scrollability is nice and smooth, but the website indicates (and a quick test confirms) that it has a lot of "uncanny valley" issues.

Seems like he wants to make this website as perfect as possible, which is nice =) but shouldn't it be the same as the one that he made? the JailbreakMe 2.0/Star? It looked and the slider slid pretty good to me =P

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He also wrote this

Seems like he wants to make this website as perfect as possible, which is nice =) but shouldn't it be the same as the one that he made? the JailbreakMe 2.0/Star? It looked and the slider slid pretty good to me =P

It could be called Jailbreak poo.com for all I care, as long as it jailbreaks my iPad 2 with 4.3.3 I am SUPER EXCITED..he talks in all of this technical lingo and I have no clue what the heck he means..it sounds like he is almost done with this jailbreak..maybe crossing fingers by the time I get my iPad 2 delivered on Thursday I could open it up and jailbreak it :)

holymasteric

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He also wrote this

It could be called Jailbreak poo.com for all I care, as long as it jailbreaks my iPad 2 with 4.3.3 I am SUPER EXCITED..he talks in all of this technical lingo and I have no clue what the heck he means..it sounds like he is almost done with this jailbreak..maybe crossing fingers by the time I get my iPad 2 delivered on Thursday I could open it up and jailbreak it :)

haha... be grateful. it's because he KNOWS all that technical lingo that we get to enjoy the jailbreaks. and you should be happy that you will be able to jailbreak your iPad soon after you receive your iPad, many people have waited for months

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score

haha... be grateful. it's because he KNOWS all that technical lingo that we get to enjoy the jailbreaks. and you should be happy that you will be able to jailbreak your iPad soon after you receive your iPad, many people have waited for months

I am totally grateful..was just kidding about the name :) I am going to send Comex a donation for working so hard..I appreciate all of their work..Comex especially since he seems to be making the most progress

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or maybe he is talking about a personal project that has nothing to do with the jailbreak site :p

He specifically says its for the jailbreak site..it would be great if Musclenerd came here and posted something on today's developments :)

techknott

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you lot just hear what you want to hear! I hope I'm wrong though...

and .....'scroll to jailbreak'..... lol

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you lot just hear what you want to hear! I hope I'm wrong though...

and .....'scroll to jailbreak'..... lol

whatever the term is LOL..sorry if I said it wrong but I Guess we just have to wait and see and hope for the best..either way Comex has done a superb job so far

Lakerfanalways

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[Rule 10 violation - quote of deleted post removed by moderator - DM51]

Do u think this jailbreak will be untethered..I figured it would be because how would it work if it was tethered? Every time you turn on the iPad I would have to go to jailbreakme.com to jailbreak it again..that is why I assume it will be untethered but just wanted some clarification

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts