What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official iPad2 Jailbreak Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeNoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there anyway u cud brick the iPad using this exploit..I wanna go ahead..but it won't brick it for life will it? I mean I can recover back rite? And can someone who has done it successfully please post a step by step procedure? Mine is 16 gb wifi 4.3 :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

You tube is your friend ;)

Never had anyone brick an iPad for life- recoverable via iTunes- but only to the latest firmware!

bat0nas

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there anyway u cud brick the iPad using this exploit..I wanna go ahead..but it won't brick it for life will it? I mean I can recover back rite? And can someone who has done it successfully please post a step by step procedure? Mine is 16 gb wifi 4.3 :)

Sadly yes :( ... I had the problem after i installed SSH an rebooted the device. As i mentioned i had to recover via recovery mode + itunes. It works, but now i am on 4.3.3 -_-

Here the instructions: Put iPad / iPad 2 into Recovery Mode: How To - The how to..

He was asking about the bricking. And your case - your device hasn't been bricked!!!!!!

If it was bricked - you wouldn't fix it with a firmware restore!

Once again - JB won't brick your device! Max what it can do - screw your ipad's iOS which will lead to iOS restore (and maybe losing data if you haven't made a backup).

Read the FAQs.

Kleriker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
He was asking about the bricking. And your case - your device hasn't been bricked!!!!!!

If it was bricked - you wouldn't fix it with a firmware restore!

Once again - JB won't brick your device! Max what it can do - screw your ipad's iOS which will lead to iOS restore (and maybe losing data if you haven't made a backup).

Read the FAQs.

You are right of course ... mea culpa.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alright thanx..that's relieving to hear iPad 2 cannot brick!..so whoever has it installed can u confirm it's UNTETHERED? Coz I just saw some reports saying it's TETHERED..

refrainer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
not working on my ipad2 3g..hopefully the official jb will come out soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions